Song of Slaying and Allies

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 19th March 2018, 15:04

Song of Slaying and Allies

With an in-progress MfSk^Yred I've noticed that often non-summoned enemies die during a Song of Slaying and the slaying bonus does not increase. I can think of a few reasons why this might be happening. Which of these are accurate?

1. Enemies killed entirely by allies do not advance the slaying bonus.
  2. Enemies killed when any portion of the damage was dealt by an ally do not advance the slaying bonus.
  3. Spectral weapon counts as a "spell" and hence does not advance the slaying bonus if the enemy dies entirely to the spectral weapon.
  4. Spectral weapon counts as a "spell" and hence does not advance the slaying bonus if the enemy dies with any portion of its damage having been caused by the spectral weapon.
Thank you.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 19th March 2018, 15:49

Re: Song of Slaying and Allies

5. "You" must get the killing blow to get the SoS bonus, summons don't contribute, but spectral weapon does.

Note that you can kill things with direct-damage spells as well and still get an increase on your SoS counter,

Portion of damage done doesn't appear to play a role.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 19th March 2018, 19:51

So, an ally takes uot 90%, and then I finish it off: bonus to slaying?
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 19th March 2018, 22:05

MainiacJoe wrote:So, an ally takes uot 90%, and then I finish it off: bonus to slaying?

Yes.
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 19th March 2018, 23:51

Thanks.

Well, that's ridiculous. There ought to be a percentage chance that the slaying bonus increases based on the percentage of damage that you dealt directly.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 20th March 2018, 00:34

MainiacJoe wrote:Thanks.

Well, that's ridiculous. There ought to be a percentage chance that the slaying bonus increases based on the percentage of damage that you dealt directly.

Is this a song of slaying buff or an allies buff? :thinking:

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 20th March 2018, 04:35

MainiacJoe wrote:Thanks.

Well, it *is* called 'song of slaying' not the 'song of damage-doing' but maybe that's what's ridiculous...

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
MainiacJoe

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice