Wu Jian with Quick Blades?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 13th March 2018, 05:51

Wu Jian with Quick Blades?

So I was watching someone play Wu Jian as a VpEn with a quick blade, and their marital arts were... pretty strong. It got me wondering; how exactly do multiple attacks with martial attacks work? I know it'll attack 3 times (sometimes 4) if you do a martial art with a 0.3 attack speed, but how many times is the monster's AC factored during this? Is it calculated as three separate normal attacks, or do they all pile into one, allowing your quick blade to punch through AC with a triple power hit?

It's also important, perhaps even more so, for slaying. When I've got +20 slaying from Heavenly Storm (pretty easy to achieve with a starting serpent's lash), will a single martial act trigger sixty points of slaying from three quick blade attacks? Or just +20 for the turn as a whole?

And the last question (granted, the easiest for personal testing, which I might do tomorrow) is how auxillary attacks factor in, like a Vinestalker's bite, or a tengu's talons. Although I doubt they can trigger 3x. It's moreso hoping they trigger at all off martial moves.

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Tuesday, 13th March 2018, 06:03

Re: Wu Jian with Quick Blades?

As far as I know, you do three separate attacks. They aren't rolled into one.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 13th March 2018, 23:48

Re: Wu Jian with Quick Blades?

It works exactly like it would if you attacked 3 times (Which is how many times you would attack in the space of time it took you to move that far)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
Tumalu

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice