First rune/any advice welcomed!

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 11th March 2018, 02:16

First rune/any advice welcomed!

I have been playing this game now for about 2 or 3 months and I could never even make it to one of Lairs branches. Today, playing a HOMo^Beogh I got my first rune ever from swamp and I wi
As sooo amped!! Then on top of that, got the second rune from Spider. Don't know which one I should run after next. This might be something small for most, but to me this is a huge accomplishment!! Thank you ahead of time!

https://pastebin.com/yjAaVuz2

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 11th March 2018, 03:23

Re: First rune/any advice welcomed!

Congratulations! So, regarding your third rune, I consider it to be quite a bit more difficult than your first two. Your most viable options are: Vault5, Slimes, Abyss. At the current stage you are at, you likely have access to the slimes, however I do not recommend you enter it yet. Slimes is a place in crawl where it can be done with fairly light requirements if you have a lot of experience, just the right combination of items, and/or luck, but lacking those--it' is more likely to be deadly, especially to a lesser experienced player. That being said, I recommend that you do a combination of clearing orcs, D:15, elf3, Vaults 1-4, depths and possibly crypt. The exact order of doing those isn't clear because it mostly depends on your gear and abilities. Here's what you should strive for to clear these areas: rF+, rC+, rN+, rElec, MR++. Obviously the more the better. After you get stronger, then attempt either slimes or vault5 or abyss. For slimes you want rC+, rN+, rCorr, MR++, more evasion (not just AC), invisible is helpful, and immolate scrolls for the boss. The biggest threat are the acid blobs, ranged attacks help immensely against them. Lightning spire is also pretty helpful against them. For vault5, you want a balance of all defenses and you'll either need to play sneaky (read a teleport scroll at the top of the stairs before coming down), or you'll need to try to stair-dance despite the occasional stair blockage, a good vampiric weapon, or a god that will restore health on kills like TSO/Makhleb (otherwise it's pretty easy to get worn down by the sheer numbers.)

In short, I'd probably recommend you get as strong as possible without going for the 3rd rune yet, then offer that Vault5 is probably your best bet for the next one. Sorry the advice is not very absolute, but as I said before it really depends a lot on the details of the game. More specific questions and more info can lead to better help. Best of luck to you!

For this message the author svendre has received thanks:
Beholderp

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 11th March 2018, 14:49

Re: First rune/any advice welcomed!

svendre wrote:Congratulations! So, regarding your third rune, I consider it to be quite a bit more difficult than your first two. Your most viable options are: Vault5, Slimes, Abyss. At the current stage you are at, you likely have access to the slimes, however I do not recommend you enter it yet. Slimes is a place in crawl where it can be done with fairly light requirements if you have a lot of experience, just the right combination of items, and/or luck, but lacking those--it' is more likely to be deadly, especially to a lesser experienced player. That being said, I recommend that you do a combination of clearing orcs, D:15, elf3, Vaults 1-4, depths and possibly crypt. The exact order of doing those isn't clear because it mostly depends on your gear and abilities. Here's what you should strive for to clear these areas: rF+, rC+, rN+, rElec, MR++. Obviously the more the better. After you get stronger, then attempt either slimes or vault5 or abyss. For slimes you want rC+, rN+, rCorr, MR++, more evasion (not just AC), invisible is helpful, and immolate scrolls for the boss. The biggest threat are the acid blobs, ranged attacks help immensely against them. Lightning spire is also pretty helpful against them. For vault5, you want a balance of all defenses and you'll either need to play sneaky (read a teleport scroll at the top of the stairs before coming down), or you'll need to try to stair-dance despite the occasional stair blockage, a good vampiric weapon, or a god that will restore health on kills like TSO/Makhleb (otherwise it's pretty easy to get worn down by the sheer numbers.)

In short, I'd probably recommend you get as strong as possible without going for the 3rd rune yet, then offer that Vault5 is probably your best bet for the next one. Sorry the advice is not very absolute, but as I said before it really depends a lot on the details of the game. More specific questions and more info can lead to better help. Best of luck to you!
Wow excellent advice! Thank you so much bud!

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice