Glaciate and nightstalker

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 15th February 2018, 09:10

Glaciate and nightstalker

So it seems to me that glaciate cant hit stuff out of LOS. At least based on the fact that enemies can walk into view next turn with full health. They should be dead if they were just outside the LOS. Anyways, since Firestorm (and tornado afaik) can hit stuff beyond LOS, why cant glaciate?

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 15th February 2018, 12:36

Re: Glaciate and nightstalker

Because it sucks...
Maɟaŋ

For this message the author Majang has received thanks: 2
duvessa, nago

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 15th February 2018, 23:09

I don't know the answer to "Why can firestorm and maybe tornado kill stuff outside of LoS," but I do know why glaciate can't: There was a previously-optimal tactic of "Cast freezing cloud, close door, wait for monster to open door, close door again, repeat safely until all monsters behind door are dead." That was, understandably, seen as degenerate, so player-created clouds get removed when outside of LoS. Whether that's the desired interaction with nightstalker, I couldn't say, but that's why it's happening.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 16th February 2018, 00:00

Dude, you've got Nightstalker *and* Glaciate.

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 16th February 2018, 12:11

Stonar wrote:I don't know the answer to "Why can firestorm and maybe tornado kill stuff outside of LoS," but I do know why glaciate can't: There was a previously-optimal tactic of "Cast freezing cloud, close door, wait for monster to open door, close door again, repeat safely until all monsters behind door are dead." That was, understandably, seen as degenerate, so player-created clouds get removed when outside of LoS. Whether that's the desired interaction with nightstalker, I couldn't say, but that's why it's happening.

Freezing cloud should not generate but it should still do damage. Firestorm can do damage but wont generate clouds out of LOS... im pretty sure. Anyways, glaciate should be able to hit outside LOS too!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice