God for Gn in extended

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 09:22

God for Gn in extended

I am clearing Depths with vampiric weapon as GnNe of Sif Muna, I almost don't cast spells and I think I have all possible spells of the game except ones from Necronomicon and all my stats are above 25. I don't have much experience with god switching (just standard Oka to TSO path) so my question is what strategy and god would use choose? Statue Form with Makhleb? Level 9 conjurations with Vehumet (or maybe stay with Sif Muna)? GDS with TSO? Statue Form with Chei? There is arbalest of damnation so maybe go Okawaru for reliable ammo and Finesse? Anything else?
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 11:33

Re: God for Gn in extended

If you ditch Sif Muna forget to cast spells in any non-trivial situation - unless you are okay with a not negligible chance to get paralyzed\confused\pietrified\slowed\exploded every cast.

If you're okay with that idea I'd bless a demon weapon with TSO and then stay with him if you wanna just tab otherwise go Ru\Zin\Lucy\some other with big panic buttons (Jyiva? I'd avoid Kiku because of Sif wrath). Oh Gozag is also quite good, you have kinda unlimited money and being to have semi-infinite haste is very very very good.

No reason to go with chei if you use statue form, the spell is as good (or bad) as well like any other god with the difference you can't haste yourself plus you slower than normal in any situation.
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

For this message the author nago has received thanks:
VeryAngryFelid

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 12:02

That's interesting idea about Gozag. I used to hate the god but I guess it might be very powerful without wand of hasting and hunger will be irrelevant in extended especially when I already have 40+ rations in inventory.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 12:21

Yes the haste thing is a buff to gozag in end\post-end game. Plus his passive aura his quite appreciable even against strong demons and I guess the bribe branch is good to dive hells (never tried personally) or as unreliable panic button
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

For this message the author nago has received thanks:
VeryAngryFelid

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 12:38

Thank you, that will be interesting experience for me for sure :)

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice