Hepliaklqana in v.21?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 28th January 2018, 04:26

Hepliaklqana in v.21?

Just started running after taking a break for a few months (YASD overload).

Playing Gnoll because I remembered the testing and while it takes some tactics lategame, earlygame it gives some advantages.

Ran into a Hepli altar at the beginning of D:2. Since I'm a monk, figured I could go ahead and pray and get a nice Hexer friend, rather potent early game (currently have a +2 spear of venom, ring of see inv, and ring of rF, so I'm liking this run).

I'll probably have moved on by the time this (for better or for worse), but just curious -- how's Hepli as a god these days?

I remember awhile back Hepli was seen as a iffy god, decent for early game but poor for late game. Anything changed notable?

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 28th January 2018, 16:30

Re: Hepliaklqana in v.21?

Welcome back. Permanent ally is really strong. Good choice for Gnoll since it supports using modest combat skills in situations that would be too dangerous solo.
Won with: KeAE^Sif, NaWz^Sif, NaTm^Chei, SpEn^Nmlx, GrEE^Qaz, HOFE^Veh, MiBe^Trog, DrFE^Hep, FoFi^Zin, CeHu^Oka, DjFE^Ash, DrIE^Ru, FeSu^Jiy, GnCA^Usk.
In Progress:
Long-term goal: complete the pantheon.

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 02:39

Just about any character I'm playing with a positive HP modifier is thinking about Hep. Hep's allies are really, really strong for a variety of reasons and I've gone through an entire game in Batform with just the battlemage ancestor, t-a'ing my way through the game. Knight tanks like crazy and plows through mobs of enemies with cleave and hexer is simply advantageous no matter what.
Better yet, you get advantage as soon as you start worshipping, unlike most gods that require you to get to * for benefit.

Hep also has a lot of fun things that you can do. Immolation suicide ancestor is actually pretty good for example.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 30th January 2018, 01:38

Also, you can tell your hasted ally to retreat in a certain direction, then use transference on yourself. This acts , sort-of, like a delayed CBlink, and has saved my life in Zot a few times.
16/26 on the way to GreaterOctopode (Win all backgrounds as an Octopode)

Progress so far : OpFi, OpGl, OpWn, OpAr, OpCK, OpMo, OpBe, OpHu, OpVM, OpAM, OpWr, OpFE, OpEE, OpNe, OpTm, OpSk

For this message the author Vajrapani has received thanks: 2
nago, VeryAngryFelid

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 30th January 2018, 03:05

OooOOOOoooo.

Nice. I'll have to give Hep a try, then.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice