Newbie Advice Please

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 7th August 2011, 22:44

Newbie Advice Please

I can't get past D12-14, Lair, Mines. My most successful characters have been TrMo with Throwing (Search for Returning brand then enchant it up) and M&F Secondary (Because Hydra owned my first few TrMo). I also did ok with a DDNe getting to about the same area.

I've gotten about 20 characters to this point so far and can't seem to get past it.

I try to avoid Lair if I don't have poison resist and something to deal with Hydra. I do ok on Mines until bottom floor (a lol at a flood of Ogres busting out of a room quickly turned into a nice view of my inventory screen for my DDNe). Once I get down to D12-14 I end up facing some monster I haven't seen before that doesn't have any tips in the wiki/bots and die.

Is this just a case of keep playing? I don't mind that, but I like to see some progress. Crawl is a lot of fun, but the tedium of dying 3-4 times in a row before finding the Temple is wearying. I've been reading around in the forums quite a bit and finally decided to post for help.

I've played a few other mage classes and they weren't really all that fun for me. Poison seems to work best for me, but kiting is boring :( I usually die before I can get mid-level DD to a reliable cast (I do use MC, just kind of boring).

I like the idea of throwing weapons to soften targets up and I'm always on the lookout for something with the returning brand. I tried MDFi/Be and didn't really like the MD very much.

Any suggestions for a build to try (Please not Spriggen, I've had 3 of them starve to death already... RNG really hates me) that fits in with what I'm looking for and will help me push past this plateau?

Thanks!
KoboldLord wrote:I'm also morbidly curious now as to how Shatter is abusable for 'stealth tricks'. It's about as stealthy as the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the walls and running through the room

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 7th August 2011, 23:08

Re: Newbie Advice Please

Trolls get really difficult after Lair ..
I would suggest a Minotaur Berserker. Maces and Throwing.
Soften things up with javelins, then kill em in melee.
For harder foes you have Berserk and Brother in Arms.

Do Lair before Orc. You dont need poisonresist for lair if you are a bit careful.
Orc:4 is dangerous .. most of the time I do it after I cleared Lair completely.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 7th August 2011, 23:21

Try a ghoul monk. They can wear gloves to fight hydras, resist poison, will always be able to find food (except in late/post game branches) and can branch out into magic fairly easily if you want.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 8th August 2011, 04:38

I would suggest playing something completely different and maybe even squishy. My best bet would be a vampire enchanter (I would suggest Makhleb so you can stay bloodless all game), but a felid transmuter (of Nemelex? Nemelex is obscenely powerful but is also hard to play the first time) is also loads and loads of fun. However, neither (especially the felid) is built for the brave but rather for the cautious. And that's exactly what you could learn by playing them: Resisting the urge to kill and instead always check out opportunities and only go into combat if you are 100% sure to be victorious. This playing-style however takes a lot more time and is best suited for the strategist, not the tactician. It is vastly different and of course I cannot guarantee you will like it. If you don't, I am afraid I can't really help you, since I got meagre experience with pure melee-builds and have never ever prayed to Okawaru.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 8th August 2011, 05:19

Kobold Berserkers are noob-friendly, especially for players who have hit the midgame wall with Trolls as you have.

You can still eat meat freely and berserk almost at will like Trolls can, but you have better defense in the form of superior EV, stealth, and fewer equipment issues (leading to better AC/EV and resists). So even if Kobolds have less HP (and no enhanced regeneration), you won't go through it as quickly. Yes, you lose out on javelins, but you can get enough ranged offense from slings and wands anyway. Berserkers in general have good tools for getting past the early game, and even coping beyond that. See a monster or unique you don't recognize, and the wiki/bots don't tell you anything useful? Summoning a Brother In Arms is always a good way to test it. (Either your berserk ally will kill it, or they'll die and you'll learn what the monster is capable of...)

No, the real drawback is that you can't hit as hard in melee as a Troll can, but it's still manageable. You just have to choose whether you want your endgame weapon to be a quickblade (taking advantage of your +3 Short Blade aptitude, but you will need a good ring of slaying or other +dam equipment to keep your damage high enough for the endgame) or a demon whip (awesome and having Maces/Flails while waiting for one makes hydras easier to deal with). Trog will give you either one sooner or later, especially if you pick your weapon type right at the start of the game and remain faithful to it.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 8th August 2011, 09:11

Thanks for all the suggestions so far :) I decided to try them out in the order posted. So far I'm pretty happy with the Minotaur Berserker. Running around in Lair, using an axe and javelins with a shield and some splint mail.
KoboldLord wrote:I'm also morbidly curious now as to how Shatter is abusable for 'stealth tricks'. It's about as stealthy as the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the walls and running through the room

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 8th August 2011, 09:54

5 Javelins to kill an 8 headed-hydra :D

Edit: And they just identified as returning, woot!

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 8th August 2011, 14:12

My MiBe has been doing very well :) He is up to XL15. Cleared Lair except L:8 - Went in and was surrounded by Elephants, Cato, Death Yaks, and some other stuff no matter what Staircase I took. Did a 1 minute labyrinth :D and an Ice Portal. I very carefully cleared Mines as well... Centaurs were the final flavor and they were a big pushover.

I'm getting to the point where main Dungeon levels are getting a little hairy - Nikola is still running around on one of the levels, sadly no Relec, but I have found the entrances to Hive and Vault. No Shoals for me, just Swamp, Snake, Slime, still no poison resist :(

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 8th August 2011, 14:14

Decided to head back to the stash, drop off some things, then go back to Vault. Niko found me on the way and killed me :( AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 8th August 2011, 14:47

GhMo wasn't too bad. Showed promise, food system is a bit weird for me though at this point. Ended up dying to Grinder and a bad RNG before I had identified any potions/scrolls for evac.

I'm not a big fan of having to juggle out my sling. It isn't horrible, but I can see how it might become so after 10 or so levels. Any way to make a char auto switch to melee? Tried the auto_switch option, but that doesn't do anything apparently :(

@saklaus - OpVM is my most played build. I'm familiar with the squishy already :P

KoBe on the way down now, will see how he works out. I'm liking the Berserker though. Rage is a great panic button and BiA definitely helps out (used the previous tip for using BiA to test the waters, thanks HC :) )

Of course, running around as a Be I can't help but get this song (from Clerks) stuck in my head - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-9X3ooFvo (Probably NSFW due to frequent F bombs)

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 8th August 2011, 19:00

one of the best ways to deal with Nikola (or any humanoid unique) is with curare needles. Surely by D15 you've run across a couple of them and a kobold with a blowgun to steal. They use the same throwing skill as the javelins too.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 8th August 2011, 19:36

Don't forget potions of resistance give you relec, Nikola is definitely worth using one for.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 8th August 2011, 20:46

bobross419 wrote:KoBe on the way down now, will see how he works out. I'm liking the Berserker though. Rage is a great panic button and BiA definitely helps out (used the previous tip for using BiA to test the waters, thanks HC :) )

You're welcome!

Yeah, Nikola is nasty if you're unprepared. But Dustbin is right about potions of resistance for just such an occasion! They're a lot more common than rElec equipment and they're easy to forget about, but they can cripple enemies who spam only one element (like Nikola). Or again, Brothers In Arms. Especially if you're near max piety. Berserk giants and iron trolls have tons of hit points, often more than Nikola can blast through before they curbstomp him.

And yeah, Ghouls are weird. What you may not realize (I didn't when I first played them) is that they can max out in satiation just like living characters can... but the game doesn't tell you when you have. So if you're not actively rotting or injured, you probably shouldn't be eating every corpse you find...

As for slings, I don't actually use them for my main ranged attack except maybe in the very early game (before I have wands). Usually I use my sling to kill monsters that flee (if I can't corner them), or to soften up a particularly bad target (especially if it can't shoot back). If I find any silver bullets, I enchant them and use my sling in Zot to kill orbs of fire.

If you're a Berserker using slings, I recommend that you turn off your Slings skill once you get it until Trog has given you the melee weapon that you want to use for the rest of the game. Because if your Slings (or any other ranged) skill climbs too high, Trog will often give you ammo instead of a melee weapon, which can be very frustrating if you're still waiting for your uber-weapon in that department. (Once you have that weapon, of course, you can turn Slings skill back on and go nuts - now you want Trog to keep you supplied with ammo!)

Incidentally, I keep talking about Berserkers and the "endgame weapon". I should also mention that sometimes your best choice for that might not be even a randart. Many times it's better to use a non-randart version of your chosen weapon type, provided it has a good brand (antimagic or elec are usually best). Unlike randarts, they can be enchanted up to +9,+9, whereas randarts are stuck with whatever bonus they spawn with. With quickblades in particular, anything you can do to boost your damage is very important. With demon whips, of course, maxed-out damage is just icing on the cake...

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2011, 00:54

Ya, I had checked both my stashes for any Relec or Potions of Res so I could take him out. I had popped a BiA on him that he took out in one shot... he got the elec kill on me when I < to go upstairs :(

As for Trog and ammo... I found out what all the griping on the forums was about when he gave me tons of darts for throwing. Would have been nice if he'd given me javelins ever, just darts... at least they were flame and ice most of the time which was good, but still woefully inadequate for the most part. Skill:8 is when he starts giving ammo, right? I did eventually get a vorpalised Executioner's Axe (which made my 14 points of shield worthless) that was pretty badass, but lots of darts along the way.

Kobold died because I did something stupid (of course lol), but I think I'm gonna reroll another MiBe, did very very well with him.

@HC - I read the wiki entry on Ghouls before I even started hehe.

Gonna go get another MiBe killed now :D Think I'll go throwing again, but will pick up needles as I find them ;)

What is the recommended dungeon progression for a a MiBe? D to Lair, Lair:7/8, Mines... then what would be best? D to Vault then Vault? I'm hoping I get some RPois this time so I can get easy food and actually consider doing Swamp/Snake.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2011, 14:44

My dungeon progression depends a bit on what I've found. Lair > Orc, then If I have Rpois I'll do snake or swamp, Lev I'll do shoals, but I've found if I don't have Sinv I usually regret trying to go for vaults. Big open areas will make you unseen horror lunch.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2011, 19:59

plantaspoon wrote:My dungeon progression depends a bit on what I've found. Lair > Orc, then If I have Rpois I'll do snake or swamp, Lev I'll do shoals, but I've found if I don't have Sinv I usually regret trying to go for vaults. Big open areas will make you unseen horror lunch.

What do you do when you clear Lair>Orc then have no RPois/Lev/SInv? fml

I do have a nice Pearl Dragon Armor and Demon Whip though :D

Things started to get a tad hairy on D:15. Might push down to D:16 and hope for a drop. Loving the MiBe though :)

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2011, 20:24

You should do the crypt before snake, shoals, or swamp. Finally spen of kiku is generally seen as the easiest combination. Pump stealth and go invisible then stab everything. Finally you can butcher a swamp dragon to get rpois... though honestly it's not needed.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 9th August 2011, 21:00

bobross419 wrote:
plantaspoon wrote:My dungeon progression depends a bit on what I've found. Lair > Orc, then If I have Rpois I'll do snake or swamp, Lev I'll do shoals, but I've found if I don't have Sinv I usually regret trying to go for vaults. Big open areas will make you unseen horror lunch.

What do you do when you clear Lair>Orc then have no RPois/Lev/SInv? fml

I do have a nice Pearl Dragon Armor and Demon Whip though :D

Things started to get a tad hairy on D:15. Might push down to D:16 and hope for a drop. Loving the MiBe though :)

Swamp can be done carefully with clarity if you don't have RPois yet. If you can get to crypt, which requires you to enter vaults, then it's definitely a possibility. Just be really cautious if you aren't getting the drops. You have some consumables that will help with unseen horrors. Mostly get to a hallway and use wands to shoot down the hallway in the direction of the UH. Scrolls of Fog will leave a faint outline of invisible creatures so you can sort of track them. Don't hesitate to teleport at the first sign of trouble and try not to let your HP drop below half because you will find many things that can do big bursts now. You want to ween yourself off of rage because it leaves you vulnerable. Haste and might potions for tough fights will allow you to still use items and not be exhausted afterwards.

For this message the author plantaspoon has received thanks:
bobross419

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 10th August 2011, 00:45

@Snow, tried a SpEn, was kinda bored with it. Thanks though :)

@planta - I'll push on down to Vault then. I did come across one UH that got his butt whooped hehe. Thanks again.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 10th August 2011, 00:54

Aaaaaaaand I'm dead again lol.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 10th August 2011, 01:18

How did you die?

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 10th August 2011, 01:23

Little green slimy things merged into a really big slimy thing right after zerk wore off killing an 8-headed Hydra and a Hill Giant. I think plant jinxed me...

It was a yasd on my part though. I've fought the slimies before and should have run away.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 10th August 2011, 13:53

Awesome, very next game... first two rings - Poison Resist and See Invis... **shakes fist**

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 10th August 2011, 17:11

Nice!

Running away (or turning invisible) actually is a good way to deal with slimy green things that have merged. If you're out of sight, they'll soon break down again.

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 11th August 2011, 10:34

Running away from larger slimy green things may sometimes be the only option - titanic slimes can deal as much as 110 damage per turn, and that's really nothing to sneeze at.
(In fact, I was the first one to die to a Titanic online. 77 damage.)
... and forgive us our YASDs,
As we forgive our developers,
And lead us not into the Abyss,
But deliver us from Sigmund,
For Thine is the Roguelike,
the Orb and the Victory,
now and forever.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 11th August 2011, 13:28

Well, I'm able to reliably get down to and clear Lair (assuming I don't fall victim to the "one more hit and its' dead" mindset lol) with MiBe. I got my first GDA too... just lying around on the L:3 - How careless of someone lol

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 11th August 2011, 13:49

bobross419 wrote:I got my first GDA too... just lying around on the L:3 - How careless of someone lol

most likely somebody who donned it right there, without realizing that it will cripple the fighting abilities if not worn with a high armour skill and sufficient strength.
Check out my characters at Spielersofa (in German)

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 11th August 2011, 15:47

slowcar wrote:
bobross419 wrote:I got my first GDA too... just lying around on the L:3 - How careless of someone lol

most likely somebody who donned it right there, without realizing that it will cripple the fighting abilities if not worn with a high armour skill and sufficient strength.

Ya... I found out the hard way when I tried to kill a 4 Headed Hydra (usually easy kill for me)... he ended up running away from me and now there is a 14 headed Hydra running around on L:6... along with a whole bunch of jellies and oozes (acid ooze or something that the wiki says is worth 4k exp *sigh*).

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 11th August 2011, 16:01

bobross419 wrote:
slowcar wrote:

Ya... I found out the hard way when I tried to kill a 4 Headed Hydra (usually easy kill for me)... he ended up running away from me and now there is a 14 headed Hydra running around on L:6... along with a whole bunch of jellies and oozes (acid ooze or something that the wiki says is worth 4k exp *sigh*).

sounds like someone needs to skip a level.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 11th August 2011, 16:21

Ya, I already have access to the entrances for Snake/Shoals... I'm not going to do Slime so I figure I'll just forget about going deeper in Lair. Not usually much down there anyways other than some exp.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 11th August 2011, 18:41

I just found this on D7:

the hammer "Usosies" {drain, +Lev rPois SInv}

I will do ANY branch I like in whatever order I like! Mwahahahaha! ;-)

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 12th August 2011, 07:14

Doesn't it also cut your XP?

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 12th August 2011, 12:15

Only if you're hitting things with it. I figured he was a spellcaster and happy about the +Lev, rPois, and SInv.

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 13th August 2011, 17:52

Little update on my progress.

Got 2 runes so far on my latest MiBe.... Dude is a beast. Trog gave him some Holy Mace with pretty strong stats:

+5,+5 mace of Brilliance {god gift, holy, rN+, AC+5 Int+5 SInv Stlth-}

It has a halo effect like the Zin/Shining One (can't remember which) which is pretty cool. Also have a decent +4/+5 AntiMagic Evening Star in my stash. Wish the mace was a more powerful base weapon, but the rN+, AC, SInv, and Int (mutation roulette left me at 3 Int :D ) make it a keeper for me.

Cleared Lair, Mines, Hive, Swamp, Vault. Fought my first Gold Dragon, but no hide :( I do have a Storm Dragon hide and since I have a Dwarven Large Shield of Resistance which gives rF+/rC+ I'm just going to go for the SDA instead of the GDA. I've also made it out of the Abyss twice!

Overall I'm pretty excited. Debating atm whether I am going to go for the Crypt (rN++) or Shoals (Cool Lev boots, no control though).

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Saturday, 13th August 2011, 18:14

Shoals is more worthwhile than Crypt for Berserkers. You won't need controlled flight for it, levitation alone is sufficient. I'd take the antimagic eveningstar with me, too. The merfolk aquamancers on Shoals:5 are nasty, but that weapon should shut them down nicely. You probably won't have too much trouble with Shoals if you've cleared those other areas, but still be careful.

For this message the author Happy Corner has received thanks:
bobross419

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 13th August 2011, 18:21

Appreciate the advice :) Went and cleared the hall of blades for a tidy 35% XP at XL20 while waiting for someone to come by and point me in the right direction!

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 13th August 2011, 23:17

Alright, now what the F am I supposed to do with these three Runes?! :)

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 14th August 2011, 00:55

Pocket them and examine your character carefully.

Do you have mutation resistance, rElec, a lot of rF, and you're at XL 27? Has Trog given you a demon whip with a good brand yet (and if so, have you used all your spare enchant scrolls on it)? Do you have a good pile of backup potions and scrolls, with perhaps a source of conservation to protect them? Do you have some teleport charges (scrolls, wands, whatever, hopefully with a ring of control teleport to go with it)?

If your answer to those questions was "yes" or even "hell yeah!", then you may be ready for Zot!

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 14th August 2011, 01:15

Apparently I'm not yet ready for Zot...

rMut - Yes, Amulet of rMut
rElec - Yes, Storm Dragon Armor
rFire+++
Level - 22 and 95%
Demon Whip- Ummm... Not so much. Here is what I have for weapons...

+1, +7 broad axe "Killer Klown's Regret" {god gift, chop, -TELE +Inv rF+ rC++ rN+ SInv} (good chunk of my resists are from this...)
+6, +8 anti-magic eveningstar {god gift} (this is where all my "spare" enchant scrolls went...)
+3, +0 demon whip
+5, +4 demon whip of electrocution

Also have a huge stack of random crap in my stash. I think I collected way too much stuff lol. Notice that neither of the whips are God Gifts... Ya... Trog doesn't want me to be happy.

I do have a fairly decent stack of potions, along with a Tele and Heal wand.

Maybe I'll go play in the Elven Halls for a while and get my exp up a bit more.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 14th August 2011, 02:07

I didn't have any trouble in HoB. Maybe just luck lol I did only fight one blade at a time though.

I've cleared the following: D:22, Lair:8, Orc:4, Shoals:5, Swamp: 5, Hive:2, HoB, Vault:8. I did run into a metric shit-ton of Shadow Dragons in the vault which kept sucking away all my damn XP.

Visiting Elf:1 right now... Don't think I'll be able to hack it in Elf:5, but might do a couple levels to get more exp and the hope for some better resists. Alternatively, I have an amulet of warding and can get rN+++, so should I go visit Crypt for some exp instead?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 14th August 2011, 03:20

bobross419 wrote:I didn't have any trouble in HoB. Maybe just luck lol I did only fight one blade at a time though.

Hall of Blades will frequently have weapons with distortion or draining brands. The first will sometimes dump you in the Abyss, and you'll have a lengthy slog through dangerous monsters to find your way back. This slog will either be mind-numbingly tedious, or it will be actively dangerous. Sometimes both. Draining weapons will rapidly drain your experience level. There's also plenty of weapons that will just hurt you the normal way with damaging brands, and they can be dangerous if they gang up on you, but the main problem with trying to clear the Hall of Blades is that these two specific brands will often end up costing you more than the xp you get for clearing the branch is worth. The defeated weapons are usually of poor base type, and there is no other loot, so there's basically no incentive to even enter the branch. By the time it's guaranteed to be profitable to clear, it will also be safe to clear one of the infinite levels of Pandemonium, and a level of Pan will almost always be more profitable than the Hall of Blades.

Anyway, you're probably fine. A demon whip of electrocution is one of the best possible weapons in the game. Probably do Crypt before Elf, even if you chicken out before the branch ends, because Elf is really good for Trog piety and you'll probably be low after clearing Crypt since vanilla undead aren't worth any Trog piety. You want good piety for Zot, because you might need to spam Brothers in Arms quite a bit.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 14th August 2011, 03:25

I apparently was just lucky this time. I'll know for next time though lol. Thanks for the advice to do Crypt before Elf :)

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 14th August 2011, 04:58

Got gang banged by some liches and ancient liches, couldn't get the teleport off in time. They ate 3 BiA for breakfast spammed summons and had me for a light snack before lunch :(

So close... I shouldn't have gotten greedy and just left as soon as I saw the liches.

FWIW Here is my char dump.

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.10-a0-145-gdf848db character file.

415944 BobRoss the Shatterer (level 24, -5/203 (208) HPs)
             Began as a Minotaur Berserker on Aug 12, 2011.
             Was a High Priest of Trog.
             Slain by a Shadow Fiend (7 damage)
             ... summoned by an ancient lich
             ... on Level 5 of the Crypt on Aug 14, 2011.
             The game lasted 11:06:22 (119745 turns).

BobRoss the Shatterer (Minotaur Berserker)                                                                                                        Turns: 119745, Time: 11:06:22

HP  -5/203 (208) AC 39     Str 31      XL: 24   Next: 28%
MP  15/15        EV  8     Int  6      God: Trog [*****.]
Gold 6139        SH 49     Dex 15      Spells:  0 memorised, 25 levels left

Res.Fire  : + . .   See Invis. : .    C - +6,+4 demon whip (elec)
Res.Cold  : + . .   Warding    : + .  T - +10 storm dragon armour
Life Prot.: + + +   Conserve   : .    w - +1 dwarf large shield {rC+ rF+}
Res.Acid. : . . .   Res.Corr.  : .    m - +2 wizard hat of Truth {Dex+2 Int+2}
Res.Poison: .       Clarity    : .    E - +0 cloak
Res.Elec. : +       Spirit.Shd : .    S - +3 pair of gauntlets of War {Acc+3 Dam+3}
Sust.Abil.: . .     Stasis     : .    n - -1 pair of orc boots {Lev}
Res.Mut.  : .       Ctrl.Telep.: .    t - amulet of warding
Res.Rott. : .       Levitation : .    B - ring of life protection
Saprovore : . . .   Ctrl.Flight: .    u - ring of life protection

@: about to teleport, mildly poisoned, quite resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy
A: horns 2, blink 1, blurry vision 1, deformed body 1, -10% hp, +10% mp, sense surroundings 1, screaming 1, AC +4, Str +1, Int -1
a: Blink, Burn Spellbooks, Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Renounce Religion, Evoke Levitation
}: 3/15 runes: decaying, barnacled, silver

You were on level 5 of the Crypt.
You worshipped Trog.
Trog was extremely pleased with you.
You were not hungry.

You visited 10 branches of the dungeon, and saw 61 of its levels.
You visited the Abyss 2 times.
You visited 1 Labyrinth.
You visited 1 bazaar.
You visited 3 portal chambers: sewer, ice cave, trove.

You collected 9598 gold pieces.
You spent 3479 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 c - a +6,+8 anti-magic eveningstar {god gift}
 C - a +6,+4 demon whip of electrocution (weapon)
 F - a +0,+2 broad axe of electrocution {god gift}
Missiles
 b - 10 +0 javelins
 f - 27 silver +2 darts (quivered) {god gift}
 h - 6 +0 darts of flame
 o - 47 silver +4 darts {god gift}
Armour
 k - the +1 pair of gloves of the Lute {rC+ rN+}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Lair of Beasts)   

It protects you from cold.
   It protects you from negative energy.
 m - the +2 wizard hat of Truth (worn) {Dex+2 Int+2}
   (You acquired it on level 2 of the Lair of Beasts)   

It affects your intelligence (+2).
   It affects your dexterity (+2).
 n - a -1 pair of orcish boots of levitation (worn)
 w - a +1 dwarven large shield of resistance (worn)
 E - a +0 cloak (worn)
 S - the +3 pair of gauntlets of War (worn) {Acc+3 Dam+3}
   (You found it on level 5 of the Crypt)   

It affects your accuracy (+3).
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+3).
 T - a +10 storm dragon armour (worn)
Magical devices
 e - a wand of teleportation (7)
 g - a wand of frost (6)
 v - a wand of digging (5)
 z - a wand of disintegration (7)
 D - a wand of healing (3)
 J - a wand of fireball (9)
 N - a wand of lightning (7)
 O - a wand of fire (7)
Comestibles
 j - 10 meat rations
 s - a pear
 x - an apple
Scrolls
 a - 4 scrolls of identify
 d - 3 scrolls of blinking
 p - 10 scrolls of remove curse
 q - a scroll of magic mapping
 y - 2 scrolls of teleportation
 A - a scroll of fear
 G - a scroll of fog
 K - a scroll of recharging
 W - 5 scrolls of detect curse
Jewellery
 i - an uncursed amulet of faith
 l - an uncursed amulet of the gourmand
 t - an amulet of warding (around neck)
 u - a ring of life protection (left hand)
 B - a ring of life protection (right hand)
 M - an uncursed ring of regeneration
 Q - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
 R - a +3 ring of protection
Potions
 r - 2 potions of brilliance
 H - a potion of might
 I - a potion of speed
 P - 3 potions of healing
 V - a potion of invisibility
 Z - 3 potions of resistance

Skills:
 + Level 22 Fighting
 - Level 8 Axes
 + Level 25 Maces & Flails
 - Level 10 Throwing
 + Level 23 Armour
 + Level 7 Dodging
 - Level 1 Stealth
 - Level 1 Stabbing
 + Level 17 Shields
 - Level 12 Traps & Doors
 + Level 6 Unarmed Combat
 - Level 1 Spellcasting
 - Level 1 Evocations

You had 25 spell levels left.
You didn't know any spells.

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (22/27)            Temple (0/1) D:6             Orc (4/4) D:9
    Elf (1/5) Orc:3          Lair (8/8) D:8           Swamp (5/5) Lair:2
 Shoals (5/5) Lair:5        Slime (0/6) Lair:7         Hive (2/2) D:11
  Vault (8/8) D:15          Blade (1/1) Vault:4       Crypt (5/5) Vault:2
   Tomb (0/3) Crypt:2     

Altars:
Ashenzari
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
The Shining One
Trog
Vehumet
Yredelemnul
Zin

Shops:
D:6: (  D:19: ![*  D:20: %?(  Orc:4: [(((  Shoals:3: ![//?  Vault:1: ?  Vault:2: %  Vault:3: /  Vault:6: (  Vault:7: [

Portals:
Hell: D:21 D:22
Abyss: D:21 D:22
Pan: D:21

Annotations
Crypt:5 exclusion: curse skull

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You have a pair of horns on your head.
You are partially covered in iridescent scales (AC +4).
You can translocate small distances at will.
Your vision is a little blurry.
Armour fits poorly on your unusually shaped body.
You are dopey (Int -1).
You are frail (-10% HP).
You have an increased reservoir of magic (+10% MP).
You passively map a small area around you.
You occasionally shout uncontrollably.
Your muscles are strong (Str +1).

Message History

You feel much better.
The Shadow Fiend calls on the powers of darkness!
The rat convulses! Your body is wracked with pain!
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
The Executioner gestures at you.
Pain shoots through your body!
The Executioner hits you!
You block the Executioner's attack.
The Executioner barely misses you.
The Executioner hits you but does no damage.
You hear some strange, mumbled words.
The Green Death gestures at you.
The bolt of poison hits you!
You are poisoned.
You block the skeletal warrior's attack.
You block the bat's attack. The Shadow Fiend hits you!
You die...

#...................##.......P.#  *
#########''###########....PP.P..#,    *
#..........P)............P....P.#,,
#....PP....))...........PP......#
#...PP.P...PPPP..........P..P...#
#...P.P.....PPP........P.....P..#    ,
#.....P.P....P............PP.P..#
#.............P.PP..............#
##############''#################    ##
    #####   #....#  ≈              ###8
  ###≈§§### #..r.#  ,≈*           ##...
 ##....§..###.rb.#  ,  ,,        ##....
##.........##rrrr#   , ,,        #.....
#..###.###..##r'###++###++###++###.....
#...≈#.#≈...#W111zb.............#8.....
#....#.#....rZ^b1@.........^.^..'......
#...........#.Zz11..............#8.....
#.####.####.######################.....
#.#≈§...≈≈#.#,    ,              #.....
#.#≈§....≈#.#,       ##########  ##....
#.#§§.....#.#,    ####≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈######...
#...........# ,, ##≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈#####8
#..###.###..#, ###≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈#####
#..§#...#≈..# ##≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈###
#...........# #≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈##
#....≈§§....###≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈##
#....≈#≈....##≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈#
#....≈≈≈....#≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
#...........#≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
####''#######≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

You could see a Fiend, 2 Shadow Fiends, a Green Death, an Executioner, a Blue Death, 2 skeletal warriors, a wraith, a wolf spider zombie, a two-headed ogre zombie, 2 orange rats, a grey rat, 2 bats and 3 rats.

Vanquished Creatures
  Khufu (Crypt:1)
  An ancient lich (Crypt:5)
  Norris (Shoals:4)
  Mara (Crypt:4)
  Margery (Vault:8)
  A player illusion (Crypt:4)
  2 golden dragons
  Xtahua (D:21)
  Frederick (D:21)
  2 liches (Crypt:5)
  Nikola (Vault:1)
  A titan (Vault:8)
  A curse skull (Crypt:3)
  7 shadow dragons
  3 storm dragons
  2 krakens (Shoals:5)
  A sphinx (D:20)
  Rupert (Lair:8)
  Agnes (D:15)
  Frances (Vault:2)
  Ilsuiw (Shoals:4)
  Donald (Swamp:3)
  A bone dragon (Swamp:5)
  5 ghouls
  A frost giant (Vault:8)
  2 tentacled monstrosities
  Maud (Lair:6)
  34 stone giants
  A fire giant (Vault:8)
  A quicksilver dragon skeleton (Crypt:4)
  An ophan (D:17)
  10 shedu (D:17)
  Jozef (Swamp:2)
  A deep elf sorcerer (Vault:7)
  The ghost of Bobbo the Brawler, a powerful TrMo (Lair:2)
  A titan zombie (Crypt:4)
  15 yaktaur captains
  3 ettins
  Snorg (Shoals:4)
  24 vault guards
  A minotaur (Lab)
  A minotaur (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
  5 sirens
  2 great orbs of eyes
  3 dragons
  2 anaconda zombies
  6 merfolk aquamancers
  A golden dragon zombie (Crypt:5)
  Erica (D:13)
  An ice dragon (shapeshifter) (D:18)
  15 hydras
  4 storm dragon skeletons
  2 ice dragons
  3 merfolk javelineers
  30 dancing weapons (Blade)
  Nessos (Shoals:4)
  An alligator snapping turtle (Shoals:5)
  A golden dragon skeleton (Crypt:5)
  4 alligators
  7 ogre magi
  An anaconda (shapeshifter) (Vault:5)
  A frost giant zombie (Vault:6)
  A deep elf high priest (Vault:8)
  5 merfolk impalers
  9 death yaks (Lair:8)
  2 orc high priests
  A fire giant zombie (D:22)
  2 stone giant zombies
  A spectral iron dragon (Crypt:5)
  Nergalle (Vault:2)
  2 deep trolls (Vault:8)
  30 centaur warriors
  2 very ugly things
  6 fire giant skeletons
  An iron dragon skeleton (Crypt:2)
  7 stone giant skeletons
  7 iron golems
  6 catoblepae
  8 ice devils
  3 deep elf knights
  5 iron trolls
  2 wizards
  62 skeletal warriors
  4 unseen horrors
  3 hell knights
  A death drake (Swamp:5)
  2 shadow wraiths
  A pale draconian zombie (Crypt:2)
  2 giant orange brains (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
  19 orc knights
  5 ice statues
  An iron troll zombie (Vault:6)
  10 sea snakes
  10 flayed ghosts
  An alligator snapping turtle skeleton (Crypt:4)
  9 flaming corpses
  A swamp dragon (Swamp:3)
  6 necromancers
  A green draconian skeleton (Crypt:4)
  17 hill giants
  A death yak skeleton (Crypt:5)
  3 orc sorcerers
  21 harpies
  A red draconian skeleton (Crypt:4)
  A harpy zombie (Crypt:2)
  An oklob plant (Shoals:5)
  2 iron troll skeletons
  13 phantasmal warriors
  2 hydra zombies
  A shining eye (shapeshifter) (D:20)
  A pale draconian skeleton (Crypt:3)
  The ghost of Bobbo the Cudgeler, an experienced DsBe of Trog (D:7)
  4 giant amoebae
  7 red wasps
  A catoblepas zombie (D:15)
  A spectral hydra (Swamp:5)
  10 spiny worms
  10 griffons
  2 griffons (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
  A moth of wrath (shapeshifter) (Vault:7)
  A harpy skeleton (Vault:3)
  2 dragon zombies
  20 cyclopes
  2 griffon zombies
  A wolf spider zombie (Crypt:3)
  2 ettin zombies
  A spiny worm zombie (Crypt:2)
  3 weapon mimics
  3 trapdoor spiders
  A fire crab (D:16)
  15 yaktaurs
  An alligator skeleton (Crypt:4)
  4 orange demons
  7 spiny frogs
  2 black mambas (Lair:3)
  2 sixfirhies
  A guardian serpent skeleton (Crypt:4)
  A wolf spider (D:13)
  102 slime creatures
  A large large abomination (Abyss)
  An ettin skeleton (Vault:8)
  2 griffon skeletons
  2 yaktaurs (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
  11 elephants
  A hellwing (Vault:2)
  3 dragon skeletons
  A spiny frog (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
  A black mamba skeleton (Crypt:4)
  2 iron devils
  16 rock trolls
  135 ugly things
  2 hill giant skeletons
  4 silent spectres
  A smoke demon (Abyss)
  12 mermaids
  An efreet (D:17)
  Grinder (D:5)
  A green draconian simulacrum (Crypt:3)
  A komodo dragon (shapeshifter) (Vault:5)
  A two-headed ogre (shapeshifter) (D:19)
  2 wandering mushrooms (Lair:1)
  2 spriggans (shapeshifter)
  21 trolls
  12 komodo dragons
  3 queen bees
  4 polar bears (Lair:8)
  A deep troll zombie (Vault:7)
  12 blink frogs
  5 rock troll zombies
  A raven skeleton (Crypt:1)
  11 bog mummies
  20 snapping turtles
  16 two-headed ogres
  A deep troll skeleton (Vault:8)
  3 rock troll skeletons
  4 giant fireflies (Lair:8)
  3 basilisks
  A basilisk (shapeshifter) (Vault:5)
  A guardian serpent simulacrum (Crypt:3)
  2 rotting hulks (Crypt:4)
  2 swamp dragon zombies (Swamp:5)
  3 dragon simulacra
  13 grizzly bears
  70 yaks
  4 blue devils (Port)
  6 wraiths
  53 merfolk
  22 hippogriffs
  7 vampires
  2 merfolk (shapeshifter)
  A deep elf summoner (Vault:6)
  3 wyverns
  7 sharks
  A swamp dragon skeleton (Crypt:4)
  Grum (D:9)
  A blink frog skeleton (Crypt:4)
  A clay golem (Vault:3)
  A steam dragon (D:12)
  2 fire drakes (Lair:8)
  58 vampire mosquitoes
  A golden eye (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
  2 deep elf fighters
  A viper (shapeshifter) (Vault:3)
  8 hungry ghosts
  16 manticores
  3 neqoxecs
  A draconian (shapeshifter) (Vault:1)
  8 war dogs
  2 yaktaur zombies
  9 rock worms
  A steam dragon (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
  Menkaure (D:6)
  3 hell hounds (Abyss)
  2 manticore zombies
  A draconian skeleton (Crypt:3)
  A cyclops zombie (Crypt:1)
  22 necrophages
  3 soldier ants
  2 yaktaur skeletons
  A wyvern skeleton (Crypt:3)
  53 orc warriors
  35 insubstantial wisps
  7 freezing wraiths
  A hippogriff zombie (Crypt:2)
  2 deep elf priests (Elf:1)
  10 giant goldfish
  29 swamp worms
  A red devil (Vault:7)
  A sky beast (D:11)
  A cyclops skeleton (D:16)
  6 black bears
  6 kenku
  2 swamp worm zombies (Swamp:5)
  19 phantoms
  A centaur (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
  A polar bear zombie (Crypt:4)
  42 ogres
  A rock worm zombie (Vault:3)
  50 ice beasts
  15 swamp drakes
  A polar bear skeleton (Crypt:4)
  A rotting devil (Vault:8)
  A hippogriff skeleton (Crypt:4)
  11 water moccasins
  A troll skeleton (Vault:2)
  A yak skeleton (Crypt:4)
  35 centaurs
  4 boring beetles
  32 giant frogs
  7 crocodiles
  10 wargs
  A giant slug (shapeshifter) (D:22)
  A wolf skeleton (Crypt:1)
  A boulder beetle zombie (Vault:3)
  2 deep elf magi (Elf:1)
  A yellow wasp zombie (D:13)
  10 giant slugs
  A centaur zombie (Crypt:2)
  An octopode zombie (Crypt:1)
  A soldier ant zombie (D:20)
  6 agate snails
  5 big kobolds
  Blork the orc (D:6)
  10 giant leeches
  2 basilisk zombies
  A cyclops simulacrum (Crypt:3)
  2 elf zombies
  A giant leech (shapeshifter) (Vault:5)
  A water moccasin skeleton (D:4)
  A warg zombie (Vault:8)
  5 grizzly bear simulacra (Port)
  An eye of draining (D:9)
  A basilisk skeleton (D:12)
  A black bear skeleton (Crypt:4)
  7 boulder beetles
  13 jellyfish
  A felid zombie (Crypt:3)
  147 killer bees
  16 electric eels
  21 wights
  A bumblebee simulacrum (Vault:3)
  A killer bee zombie (D:8)
  A lava snake (Abyss)
  A mottled dragon zombie (Crypt:4)
  17 imps
  A kenku skeleton (Crypt:2)
  A kenku zombie (Crypt:3)
  2 goliath beetles
  A quasit (D:14)
  A big kobold zombie (D:11)
  A demigod skeleton (Crypt:1)
  3 human skeletons
  A crocodile skeleton (Crypt:4)
  A big kobold skeleton (D:14)
  6 shadows
  A naga zombie (Crypt:4)
  Crazy Yiuf (D:6)
  16 big fish
  25 orc priests
  59 orc wizards
  12 hounds
  An iron imp (Vault:3)
  3 hound skeletons
  9 iguanas
  6 porcupines
  7 deep elf soldiers (Elf:1)
  An orange rat zombie (Crypt:3)
  6 scorpions
  3 human simulacra (Port)
  8 worker ants
  6 orange rats
  5 swamp drake zombies
  2 spectral swamp drakes (Swamp:5)
  A big kobold simulacrum (Vault:1)
  6 big fish zombies (Swamp:5)
  40 sheep
  A mottled dragon simulacrum (Crypt:1)
  10 boggarts
  6 jellies
  A worker ant simulacrum (Crypt:1)
  5 mummies
  A goliath beetle zombie (D:6)
  6 flying skulls (Crypt:3)
  77 green rats
  3 humans (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
  27 snakes
  2 giant centipedes
  4 gnolls (D:14)
  A lemure (Vault:6)
  2 midges
  3 shadow imps
  An iguana skeleton (D:8)
  2 snake skeletons
  A white imp (Vault:6)
  12 giant mites
  A porcupine skeleton (Crypt:4)
  19 worms
  4 ufetubi
  2 giant eyeballs
  6 grey rats
  19 giant geckos
  A gnoll skeleton (Crypt:2)
  3 oozes
  257 orcs
  An orc (shapeshifter) (Vault:8)
  23 hobgoblins
  15 jackals
  30 kobolds
  12 quokkas
  13 small snakes
  35 bats
  19 giant cockroaches
  18 giant newts
  31 goblins
  A goblin skeleton (Crypt:4)
  54 killer bee larvae
  2 kobold skeletons
  An orc simulacrum (D:21)
  2 orc skeletons
  3 orc zombies (Vault:8)
  A quokka zombie (Crypt:3)
  30 rats
  2 rat skeletons
  A small snake zombie (Crypt:1)
  A ballistomycete (D:8)
  3 bushes
  5 butterflies
  10 fungi
  27 plants
  6 tentacles
  A tentacle segment (Shoals:5)
  29 toadstools
3171 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  Saint Roka (Vault:3)
  A titan (Vault:8)
  An Ice Fiend (Port)
  Roxanne (Vault:2)
  An iron dragon (Vault:7)
  A vault guard (Vault:7)
  Josephine (D:13)
  A merfolk javelineer (Shoals:5)
  A hydra (shapeshifter) (D:14)
  3 ogre magi (Orc:4)
  10 death yaks
  A fire giant zombie (D:20)
  A centaur warrior (D:22)
  5 slime creatures (Vault:1)
  A catoblepas (Lair:7)
  A deep elf knight (Vault:7)
  2 lindwurms (Lair:8)
  An orc sorcerer (Vault:1)
  A wizard (Vault:3)
  2 spiny worms (Lair:8)
  3 hydra zombies (Swamp:5)
  A spectral hydra (Swamp:5)
  An oklob plant (Shoals:3)
  A troll (Vault:1)
  7 two-headed ogres (Orc:4)
  2 polar bears (Lair:8)
  2 giant fireflies (Lair:8)
  A swamp dragon zombie (Swamp:5)
  4 yaks (Vault:3)
  A ynoxinul (Vault:8)
  A war dog (Lair:7)
  A mottled dragon (Vault:1)
  7 phantoms (Swamp:5)
  2 insubstantial wisps (Swamp:5)
  A black bear (Lair:8)
  A cyclops skeleton (D:13)
  15 ogres (Orc:4)
  A yellow wasp (D:14)
  A boring beetle (Lair:8)
  A giant slug (Lair:8)
  3 brain worms (Lair:8)
  A giant frog (Lair:7)
  A killer bee zombie (D:13)
  A mottled dragon skeleton (D:13)
  An orc wizard (Vault:1)
  A porcupine (Lair:7)
  7 jellies (Lair:7)
  A giant centipede (D:22)
  2 worms (Lair:8)
  An ufetubus (Vault:8)
  An ooze (Lair:7)
  2 orcs (Vault:1)
113 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  A centaur warrior (D:20)
  An unseen horror (Vault:4)
  8 trolls
  A rock troll (Vault:1)
  A cyclops (D:22)
  A spiny frog (Lair:7)
  44 slime creatures
  2 ogres
  A hill giant skeleton (D:22)
  A two-headed ogre (Vault:8)
  2 yaks
  2 ice beasts
  4 orc warriors
  4 centaurs
  A giant frog zombie (Crypt:5)
  A wight (Crypt:4)
  A big kobold zombie (D:22)
  An orc priest (Vault:8)
  An iguana (Lair:2)
  An orc wizard (Vault:8)
  3 jellies
  A green rat (Lair:7)
  A snake (D:22)
  3 orcs
  A bat (Crypt:5)
  A hobgoblin (D:10)
  3 jackals (Lair:4)
  7 kobolds
  A quokka (Lair:6)
  A giant gecko (D:3)
  A giant spore (D:8)
  4 killer bee larvae (Hive:2)
  6 fungi
  12 plants
  21 tentacles
  478 tentacle segments
  38 toadstools
661 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 3945 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | BobRoss, the Minotaur Berserker, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 19/19 MP: 0/0
   479 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 27/27 MP: 0/0
  1664 | D:2      | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
  1675 | D:2      | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
  1735 | D:2      | Acquired Trog's second power
  2346 | D:3      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 29/33 MP: 1/1
  2377 | D:3      | Reached skill level 1 in Unarmed Combat
  2810 | D:3      | Reached skill level 1 in Maces & Flails
  2917 | D:3      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 33/40 MP: 1/1
  3573 | D:4      | Reached skill level 1 in Stealth
  3635 | D:4      | Got an ancient cloak
  3638 | D:4      | Identified the -3 cloak of Midwinter (You found it on level 4 of the Dungeon)
  3705 | D:4      | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
  3796 | D:4      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 43/46 MP: 1/1
  3829 | D:4      | Got a fine chain mail
  3845 | D:4      | Identified the +5 chain mail of Calculation (You took it off a kobold on level 4 of the Dungeon)
  3862 | D:4      | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
  3869 | D:4      | Reached skill level 1 in Traps & Doors
  3869 | D:4      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 51/53 MP: 2/2
  3875 | D:4      | Reached skill level 5 in Maces & Flails
  3875 | D:4      | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
  4050 | D:4      | Found a glowing drain.
  4061 | sewer    | Entered the sewers
  4287 | sewer    | Acquired Trog's third power
  4366 | sewer    | Reached XP level 7. HP: 59/59 MP: 2/2
  4754 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  4915 | D:4      | Reached skill level 6 in Maces & Flails
  5148 | D:5      | Noticed Grinder
  5163 | D:5      | Defeated Grinder
  5471 | D:5      | Reached skill level 7 in Maces & Flails
  5471 | D:5      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 53/67 MP: 2/2
  6034 | D:6      | Noticed Blork the orc
  6050 | D:6      | Defeated Blork the orc
  6292 | D:6      | Noticed Crazy Yiuf
  6300 | D:6      | Defeated Crazy Yiuf
  6406 | D:6      | Found Hobig's Weapon Emporium.
  6466 | D:6      | Reached skill level 8 in Maces & Flails
  6646 | D:6      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  6670 | D:6      | Noticed Menkaure
  6674 | D:6      | Defeated Menkaure
  6977 | D:7      | Noticed Bobbo's ghost (experienced DsBe)
  7074 | D:7      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 53/72 MP: 3/3
  7168 | D:7      | Defeated Bobbo's ghost
  7168 | D:7      | Reached skill level 9 in Maces & Flails
  7168 | D:7      | Reached skill level 1 in Spellcasting
  7497 | D:7      | Got a twisted hammer
  7508 | D:7      | Identified the hammer of Strerr {slay orc, rPois Stlth--} (You found it on level 7 of the Dungeon)
  8463 | D:8      | Noticed an agate snail
  8465 | D:8      | Found a staircase to the Lair.
  8488 | D:8      | Reached skill level 10 in Maces & Flails
  8556 | D:8      | Defeated an agate snail
  8666 | D:8      | Reached skill level 1 in Shields
  8743 | D:8      | Reached skill level 10 in Armour
  8743 | D:8      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 62/80 MP: 5/5
  9285 | D:9      | Received a gift from Trog
  9472 | D:9      | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
  9487 | D:9      | Reached skill level 11 in Maces & Flails
  9515 | D:9      | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 2 turns
  9685 | D:9      | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
  9786 | D:9      | Noticed Grum
  9797 | D:9      | Defeated Grum
  9817 | D:9      | Reached skill level 5 in Shields
  9986 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 10082 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 10521 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 1 in Stabbing
 10564 | Lair:1   | Noticed a wandering mushroom
 10604 | Lair:1   | Defeated a wandering mushroom
 10631 | Lair:1   | Noticed a wandering mushroom
 10672 | Lair:1   | Defeated a wandering mushroom
 10718 | Lair:1   | Received a gift from Trog
 11220 | Lair:2   | Found a staircase to the Swamp.
 11247 | Lair:2   | Noticed Bobbo's ghost (powerful TrMo)
 11264 | Lair:2   | Defeated Bobbo's ghost
 11264 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 12 in Maces & Flails
 11264 | Lair:2   | Reached XP level 11. HP: 65/85 MP: 5/5
 12220 | Lair:2   | Gained mutation: You have an increased reservoir of magic (+10% MP).
 12220 | Lair:2   | Gained mutation: Armour fits poorly on your unusually shaped body.
 12220 | Lair:2   | Gained mutation: You can translocate small distances at will.
 12221 | Lair:2   | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong (Str +1).
 12621 | Lair:3   | Received a gift from Trog
 12799 | Lair:3   | Got a pair of steaming gloves
 12811 | Lair:3   | Identified the +1 pair of gloves of the Lute (You found it on level 3 of the Lair of Beasts)
 13417 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 10 in Shields
 14204 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 13 in Maces & Flails
 14461 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 1 in Throwing
 14822 | Lair:4   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 84/93 MP: 7/7
 15535 | Lair:5   | Received a gift from Trog
 15537 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
 15795 | Lair:5   | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 16591 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 14 in Maces & Flails
 16990 | Lair:6   | Noticed Maud
 17019 | Lair:6   | Defeated Maud
 18479 | Lair:7   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 29/99 MP: 7/7
 18932 | Lair:7   | Reached skill level 15 in Maces & Flails
 18932 | Lair:7   | Reached skill level 15 in Shields
 19084 | Lair:7   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 19103 | Lair:7   | Received a gift from Trog
 19354 | Lair:8   | Entered Level 8 of the Lair of Beasts
 19442 | Lair:8   | Noticed Rupert
 19463 | Lair:8   | Defeated Rupert
 19463 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
 19522 | Lair:8   | Noticed a rock worm
 20051 | Lair:2   | Gained mutation: You are dopey (Int -1).
 20051 | Lair:2   | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in iridescent scales (AC +4).
 20541 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 15 in Armour
 20821 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 16 in Maces & Flails
 20986 | Lair:8   | Defeated a rock worm
 21365 | Lair:8   | Received a gift from Trog
 21740 | Lair:8   | Noticed a spiny worm
 21773 | Lair:8   | Defeated a spiny worm
 21785 | Lair:8   | Noticed a rock worm
 21795 | Lair:8   | Defeated a rock worm
 21801 | Lair:8   | Noticed a spiny worm
 21823 | Lair:8   | Defeated a spiny worm
 21830 | Lair:8   | Noticed a rock worm
 21831 | Lair:8   | Noticed a spiny worm
 21849 | Lair:8   | Defeated a rock worm
 21859 | Lair:8   | Noticed a rock worm
 21952 | Lair:8   | Defeated a spiny worm
 21978 | Lair:8   | Noticed a brain worm
 21979 | Lair:8   | Noticed a brain worm
 21979 | Lair:8   | Noticed a spiny worm
 21980 | Lair:8   | Noticed a brain worm
 22161 | Lair:8   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 89/115 MP: 7/7
 22243 | Lair:8   | Defeated a rock worm
 22586 | Lair:8   | Defeated a brain worm
 22593 | Lair:8   | Noticed a spiny worm
 22595 | Lair:8   | Noticed a spiny worm
 22596 | Lair:8   | Defeated a spiny worm
 22600 | Lair:8   | Defeated a spiny worm
 22608 | Lair:8   | Received a gift from Trog
 22609 | Lair:8   | Defeated a brain worm
 22758 | Lair:8   | Defeated a spiny worm
 22758 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 17 in Maces & Flails
 22812 | Lair:8   | Defeated a brain worm
 22865 | Lair:8   | Noticed a rock worm
 22902 | Lair:8   | Noticed a spiny worm
 22941 | Lair:8   | Defeated a spiny worm
 22941 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 23180 | Lair:8   | Defeated a rock worm
 23692 | Lair:2   | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 23990 | Orc:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 24818 | Orc:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 25413 | Orc:3    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 25531 | Orc:3    | Noticed a cyclops
 25539 | Orc:3    | Defeated a cyclops
 25742 | Orc:2    | Received a gift from Trog
 25957 | Orc:4    | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
 26238 | Orc:4    | Received a gift from Trog
 26312 | Orc:4    | Noticed a two-headed ogre
 26313 | Orc:4    | Noticed a two-headed ogre
 26314 | Orc:4    | Noticed a two-headed ogre
 26320 | Orc:4    | Defeated a two-headed ogre
 26323 | Orc:4    | Noticed an ogre mage
 26323 | Orc:4    | Noticed an ogre mage
 26323 | Orc:4    | Defeated a two-headed ogre
 26323 | Orc:4    | Defeated a two-headed ogre
 26324 | Orc:4    | Defeated a two-headed ogre
 26326 | Orc:4    | Defeated a two-headed ogre
 26326 | Orc:4    | Defeated an ogre mage
 26327 | Orc:4    | Noticed a two-headed ogre
 26327 | Orc:4    | Defeated an ogre mage
 26330 | Orc:4    | Defeated a two-headed ogre
 26331 | Orc:4    | Noticed an ogre mage
 26334 | Orc:4    | Defeated an ogre mage
 26335 | Orc:4    | Noticed a two-headed ogre
 26336 | Orc:4    | Defeated a two-headed ogre
 26339 | Orc:4    | Defeated an ogre mage
 26347 | Orc:4    | Found Mupunuol's Armour Boutique.
 26347 | Orc:4    | Found Briosm's Weapon Emporium.
 26348 | Orc:4    | Found Ponuink's Antique Weapon Emporium.
 26348 | Orc:4    | Found Cuots' Antique Weapon Shop.
 26353 | Orc:4    | Noticed a two-headed ogre
 26354 | Orc:4    | Noticed a two-headed ogre
 26354 | Orc:4    | Noticed a two-headed ogre
 26376 | Orc:4    | Defeated a two-headed ogre
 26384 | Orc:4    | Defeated a two-headed ogre
 26391 | Orc:4    | Defeated a two-headed ogre
 27178 | Swamp:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Swamp
 27261 | Swamp:1  | Received a gift from Trog
 27632 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
 28364 | D:10     | Reached skill level 18 in Maces & Flails
 28372 | D:10     | Got a flickering marble ring
 29152 | D:11     | Noticed a queen bee
 29166 | D:11     | Defeated a queen bee
 29176 | D:11     | Found a staircase to the Hive.
 29284 | D:11     | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
 29344 | D:11     | Identified the ring "Filiny" {MP+9} (You found it on level 10 of the Dungeon)
 29507 | D:11     | Received a gift from Trog
 29778 | Hive:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Hive
 30294 | Hive:2   | Entered Level 2 of the Hive
 30876 | Hive:2   | Received a gift from Trog
 30877 | Hive:2   | Got a steaming falchion {god gift}
 30887 | Hive:2   | Got a steaming leather armour
 31848 | Hive:2   | Received a gift from Trog
 32612 | Lair:2   | Identified the +3 leather armour of Reason (You found it on level 2 of the Hive)
 32668 | Lair:2   | Identified the falchion of the Vaults {god gift, drain, Str-1 Dex-1 SInv} (Trog gifted it to you on level 2 of the Hive)
 32724 | Lair:2   | Paralysed by you for 4 turns
 33036 | D:12     | Found a labyrinth entrance.
 33045 | Lab      | Entered a Labyrinth
 33894 | Lab      | Reached XP level 15. HP: 118/128 MP: 2/8
 33897 | Lab      | Got a twisted splint mail
 34165 | D:12     | Got a bloodstained robe
 34187 | D:12     | Identified the +3 splint mail "Shier" (You found it in a Labyrinth)
 34227 | D:12     | Identified the +1 robe of Xom's Benevolence (You found it on level 12 of the Dungeon)
 35095 | D:13     | Received a gift from Trog
 35711 | D:13     | Noticed Erica
 35720 | D:13     | Defeated Erica
 35824 | D:13     | Noticed Josephine
 35835 | D:13     | Defeated Josephine
 36133 | D:13     | Reached skill level 5 in Throwing
 36860 | D:14     | Received a gift from Trog
 36962 | D:14     | Found a frozen archway.
 37191 | IceCv    | Entered an ice cave
 37816 | IceCv    | Got a crude banded mail
 38206 | D:14     | Identified the cursed -5 banded mail "Hekk" (You found it in an ice cave)
 38306 | D:14     | Reached skill level 19 in Maces & Flails
 38360 | D:14     | Found a portal to a secret trove of treasure.
 38663 | D:14     | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
 38874 | D:14     | Gained mutation: You passively map a small area around you.
 39012 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 39150 | D:15     | Noticed Agnes
 40968 | Swamp:2  | Received a gift from Trog
 40969 | Swamp:2  | Got a brightly glowing mace {god gift}
 40970 | Swamp:2  | Identified the mace of Brilliance {god gift, holy, rN+ AC+5 Int+5 SInv Stlth-} (Trog gifted it to you on level 2 of the Swamp)
 41018 | Swamp:2  | Reached XP level 16. HP: 125/136 MP: 7/9
 41427 | Swamp:2  | Noticed Jozef
 41749 | Swamp:2  | Defeated Jozef
 42513 | Swamp:3  | Noticed Donald
 42534 | Swamp:3  | Defeated Donald
 43626 | Swamp:4  | Received a gift from Trog
 43985 | Swamp:4  | Paralysed by a red wasp for 3 turns
 45137 | Swamp:5  | Entered Level 5 of the Swamp
 47080 | Swamp:5  | Received a gift from Trog
 47146 | Swamp:5  | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting
 47764 | Swamp:5  | Reached skill level 20 in Maces & Flails
 47820 | Swamp:5  | Got a decaying rune of Zot
 48430 | Orc:4    | Bought a +0 pair of orcish boots of levitation for 103 gold pieces
 48724 | D:15     | Paralysed by a wizard for 7 turns
 48898 | D:15     | Defeated Agnes
 48971 | D:15     | Reached skill level 10 in Throwing
 49028 | D:15     | Reached XP level 17. HP: 121/125 MP: 9/9
 49036 | D:15     | Received a gift from Trog
 49075 | D:15     | Found a staircase to the Vaults.
 49725 | D:15     | Received a gift from Trog
 50633 | D:16     | Received a gift from Trog
 50712 | D:16     | HP: 4/125 [fire crab] (9)]
 52036 | D:16     | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
 52896 | Vault:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 53081 | Vault:1  | Received a gift from Trog
 53291 | Vault:1  | Received a gift from Trog
 53731 | Vault:1  | Found Smiweog's Magic Scroll Emporium.
 53760 | Vault:1  | Received a gift from Trog
 53966 | Vault:1  | Noticed Nikola
 53978 | Vault:1  | Defeated Nikola
 54451 | Vault:2  | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 54500 | Vault:2  | Noticed Roxanne
 54838 | Vault:2  | Found Roajis' Food Emporium.
 54900 | Vault:2  | Noticed Frances
 54915 | Vault:2  | Defeated Frances
 54947 | Vault:2  | Defeated Roxanne
 54947 | Vault:2  | Reached XP level 18. HP: 138/138 MP: 11/11
 55001 | Vault:2  | Noticed Nergalle
 55011 | Vault:2  | Defeated Nergalle
 55862 | Vault:3  | Received a gift from Trog
 55930 | Vault:3  | Reached skill level 5 in Traps & Doors
 56257 | Vault:3  | Found Agholoar's Magical Wand Emporium.
 56357 | Vault:3  | Bought a wand of healing (3) for 504 gold pieces
 56420 | Vault:3  | Noticed Saint Roka
 56445 | Vault:3  | Defeated Saint Roka
 56445 | Vault:3  | Reached skill level 21 in Maces & Flails
 56911 | Vault:3  | You are cast into the Abyss!
 56911 | Vault:3  | Cast into the Abyss (wizard)
 57009 | Abyss    | Noticed a kenku
 57013 | Abyss    | Defeated a kenku
 57035 | Abyss    | Received a gift from Trog
 57047 | Abyss    | Noticed a deep dwarf
 57082 | Vault:3  | You pass through the gate.
 57445 | Vault:4  | Received a gift from Trog
 58056 | Vault:4  | Received a gift from Trog
 58073 | Vault:4  | Found a staircase to the Hall of Blades.
 59435 | Vault:5  | Got a pitted leather armour
 59588 | Vault:5  | Received a gift from Trog
 59876 | Vault:5  | Found a gateway to a bazaar.
 59888 | bazaar   | Entered a bazaar
 59902 | bazaar   | Found Phutoah's Magical Wand Shop.
 59936 | bazaar   | Found Yleph's Magical Wand Shop.
 59953 | bazaar   | Found Streuv Onnis' Distillery.
 59963 | bazaar   | Bought a potion of healing for 38 gold pieces
 59963 | bazaar   | Bought 2 potions of healing for 76 gold pieces
 59976 | bazaar   | Found Wyangu's Distillery.
 59987 | bazaar   | Bought a potion of heal wounds for 42 gold pieces
 59987 | bazaar   | Bought a potion of healing for 28 gold pieces
 60235 | Vault:5  | Received a gift from Trog
 60318 | Vault:6  | Reached XP level 19. HP: 154/171 MP: 11/11
 60624 | Vault:6  | Found Akhlusk's Antique Weapon Shoppe.
 60664 | Vault:6  | Received a gift from Trog
 60784 | Vault:6  | Noticed a deep elf summoner
 60818 | Vault:6  | Defeated a deep elf summoner
 61392 | Vault:6  | Identified the cursed -1 leather armour of Xamogh (You found it on level 5 of the Vaults)
 62649 | Vault:7  | Received a gift from Trog
 62884 | Vault:7  | Found Siunoj's Armour Boutique.
 63289 | Vault:8  | Entered Level 8 of the Vaults
 63291 | Vault:8  | Noticed a golden dragon
 63520 | Vault:7  | Received a gift from Trog
 63946 | Vault:7  | Paralysed by an orc sorcerer for 2 turns
 64017 | Vault:7  | Reached skill level 22 in Maces & Flails
 64070 | Vault:7  | Defeated a golden dragon
 64289 | Vault:7  | HP: 8/171 [storm dragon/bolt of lightning (11)]
 64641 | Vault:7  | Received a gift from Trog
 65564 | Vault:8  | Reached XP level 20. HP: 180/180 MP: 12/12
 65684 | Vault:8  | Reached XP level 19. HP: 259/259 MP: 11/11
 66197 | Vault:8  | Reached XP level 20. HP: 173/180 MP: 12/12
 67154 | Vault:8  | Reached XP level 19. HP: 136/170 MP: 11/11
 67511 | Vault:8  | Noticed Margery
 67541 | Vault:8  | Noticed a golden dragon
 67546 | Vault:8  | Defeated Margery
 68089 | Vault:8  | Got a shimmering banded mail
 68179 | Vault:8  | Noticed a quicksilver dragon
 68180 | Vault:8  | A quicksilver dragon changed into a shadow dragon
 68256 | Vault:7  | Reached XP level 20. HP: 113/180 MP: 12/12
 68957 | Vault:8  | Reached XP level 19. HP: 161/170 MP: 11/11
 69486 | Vault:8  | Noticed an iron dragon
 69535 | Vault:7  | Defeated an iron dragon
 69867 | Vault:8  | Noticed a deep elf high priest
 69884 | Vault:8  | Defeated a deep elf high priest
 70054 | Vault:8  | Reached XP level 20. HP: 154/180 MP: 12/12
 70061 | Vault:8  | Reached skill level 10 in Traps & Doors
 70187 | Vault:8  | Noticed a guardian serpent
 70187 | Vault:8  | A guardian serpent changed into a deep troll
 70224 | Vault:8  | Noticed a guardian serpent
 70842 | Vault:8  | Received a gift from Trog
 72169 | Vault:8  | Got a silver rune of Zot
 73399 | Lair:2   | Identified the cursed -5 banded mail of Zuqeustra (You found it on level 8 of the Vaults)
 74071 | Vault:8  | Noticed a deep elf sorcerer
 74079 | Vault:8  | You are cast into the Abyss!
 74079 | Vault:8  | Cast into the Abyss (deep elf sorcerer)
 74079 | Abyss    | Entered The Abyss
 74101 | Vault:8  | You pass through the gate.
 74232 | Vault:7  | Reached XP level 19. HP: 163/174 MP: 11/11
 74586 | Vault:7  | Reached skill level 23 in Maces & Flails
 74737 | Vault:7  | Defeated a deep elf sorcerer
 75381 | Vault:7  | Received a gift from Trog
 75600 | Vault:8  | Noticed a pulsating lump
 75600 | Vault:8  | A pulsating lump changed into a manticore
 75647 | Vault:8  | Got a jewelled sling
 75696 | Vault:8  | Noticed a pulsating lump
 75699 | Vault:8  | A pulsating lump changed into a deep troll
 76538 | Vault:7  | Reached XP level 20. HP: 118/183 MP: 12/12
 77915 | Vault:8  | Got a bloodstained battleaxe
 78422 | Vault:7  | Identified the cursed +3,+6 battleaxe of Sequestration (You found it on level 8 of the Vaults)
 79255 | Vault:1  | Bought a scroll of enchant weapon II for 66 gold pieces
 79255 | Vault:1  | Bought a scroll of enchant armour for 66 gold pieces
 79544 | Blade    | Entered the Hall of Blades
 80847 | D:17     | Received a gift from Trog
 81297 | D:17     | Received a gift from Trog
 82717 | D:17     | Paralysed by a red wasp for 2 turns
 83547 | D:18     | Received a gift from Trog
 84724 | D:18     | Received a gift from Trog
 86245 | Vault:3  | Bought a wand of digging (8) for 288 gold pieces
 86245 | Vault:3  | Bought a wand of disintegration (7) for 132 gold pieces
 86747 | D:17     | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
 86747 | D:17     | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
 86747 | D:17     | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
 87935 | D:19     | Received a gift from Trog
 88173 | D:19     | Found Kahorphua's Distillery.
 88199 | D:19     | Bought a potion of healing for 30 gold pieces
 88199 | D:19     | Bought a potion of heal wounds for 45 gold pieces
 88281 | D:19     | Found Uguvan Mosch's Armour Emporium.
 88467 | D:19     | Received a gift from Trog
 88866 | D:19     | Reached XP level 21. HP: 182/198 MP: 13/13
 88875 | D:19     | Received a gift from Trog
 88949 | D:19     | Found Onaruuta's Assorted Antiques.
 89241 | D:19     | Bought a potion of healing for 68 gold pieces
 89241 | D:19     | Bought a large golden ring for 850 gold pieces
 89241 | D:19     | Bought a scroll of enchant weapon I for 187 gold pieces
 89822 | Shoals:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Shoals
 89876 | Shoals:1 | Got an ancient spiked flail
 89882 | Shoals:1 | Identified the spiked flail "Giyrodoll" {flame, +Rage rElec rPois SInv} (You found it on level 1 of the Shoals)
 89989 | Shoals:1 | Received a gift from Trog
 91506 | Shoals:2 | Received a gift from Trog
 91645 | Shoals:2 | Got a brightly glowing robe
 92333 | Shoals:3 | Found Eviriul's Armour Shop.
 92345 | Shoals:3 | Found Zuwaum's Distillery.
 92390 | Shoals:3 | Bought a potion of healing for 34 gold pieces
 92612 | Lair:2   | Identified the +2 robe of Iffof (You found it on level 2 of the Shoals)
 93175 | trove    | Entered a treasure trove
 93198 | trove    | Got a slimy silver amulet
 93202 | trove    | Got a forked whip
 93542 | Lair:2   | Identified the whip "Snakebite" {venom, rPois} (You found it in a treasure trove)
 93553 | Lair:2   | Identified the amulet "Shruamohi" {Dex+3} (You found it in a treasure trove)
 94075 | Shoals:3 | Received a gift from Trog
 94097 | Shoals:3 | Found Neaho's Magical Wand Boutique.
 94178 | Shoals:3 | Found Ibbo Qoun's Magical Wand Emporium.
 94303 | Shoals:3 | Found Eghaj's Magic Scroll Boutique.
 94327 | Shoals:3 | Bought a scroll of enchant weapon III for 320 gold pieces
 94327 | Shoals:3 | Bought a scroll of enchant armour for 88 gold pieces
 95679 | Shoals:4 | Noticed Snorg
 95731 | Shoals:4 | Defeated Snorg
 96055 | Lair:2   | Got a pitted wizard hat
 96059 | Lair:2   | Identified the +2 wizard hat of Truth (You acquired it on level 2 of the Lair of Beasts)
 96356 | Shoals:4 | Noticed Norris
 96392 | Shoals:4 | Defeated Norris
 96813 | Shoals:4 | Noticed Nessos
 96827 | Shoals:4 | Defeated Nessos
 97262 | Shoals:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Shoals
 97362 | Shoals:5 | Noticed Ilsuiw
 97436 | Shoals:4 | Defeated Ilsuiw
 97436 | Shoals:4 | Received a gift from Trog
 97450 | Shoals:4 | Reached skill level 24 in Maces & Flails
 97716 | Shoals:5 | Received a gift from Trog
 97966 | Shoals:5 | Received a gift from Trog
 99490 | Shoals:5 | Received a gift from Trog
100250 | Shoals:5 | Got a barnacled rune of Zot
100355 | Shoals:5 | Received a gift from Trog
101638 | D:20     | Entered Level 20 of the Dungeon
101667 | D:20     | Found Camul's Antique Weapon Shoppe.
101697 | D:20     | Received a gift from Trog
101715 | D:20     | Reached XP level 22. HP: 207/207 MP: 13/13
102130 | D:20     | Noticed a shining eye
102136 | D:20     | Gained mutation: You occasionally shout uncontrollably.
102141 | D:20     | Gained mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
102145 | D:20     | Gained mutation: You are frail (-10% HP).
102151 | D:20     | Defeated a shining eye
102405 | D:20     | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas.
102807 | D:20     | Found Nynilud's Magic Scroll Boutique.
102828 | D:20     | Found Koucs' Food Boutique.
102877 | D:20     | Bought a scroll of enchant armour for 82 gold pieces
102877 | D:20     | Bought a scroll of enchant weapon II for 82 gold pieces
102877 | D:20     | Bought a scroll of enchant armour for 82 gold pieces
102877 | D:20     | Bought a scroll of enchant weapon I for 82 gold pieces
103155 | D:20     | Received a gift from Trog
103171 | D:20     | Got a crude great sword {god gift}
103180 | D:20     | Identified the great sword of Supply {god gift, freeze, -TELE Int+3 SInv} (Trog gifted it to you on level 20 of the Dungeon)
103587 | D:21     | Found a one-way gate leading to the halls of Pandemonium.
103600 | D:21     | Noticed Frederick
103617 | D:21     | Defeated Frederick
104049 | D:21     | Found a gateway to Hell.
104049 | D:21     | Noticed Xtahua
104066 | D:21     | Defeated Xtahua
104173 | D:21     | Found a one-way gate to the infinite horrors of the Abyss.
104442 | D:22     | Received a gift from Trog
104746 | D:22     | Got a slimy morningstar
104768 | D:22     | Identified the morningstar of Oozing Pus {elec, +Lev rC-} (You found it on level 22 of the Dungeon)
105058 | D:22     | Received a gift from Trog
105133 | D:22     | Noticed a golden dragon
105154 | D:22     | Defeated a golden dragon
105584 | D:22     | Got a dazzling great sword
106144 | Lair:2   | Identified the great sword of Death {elec, rPois rC+ MR} (You found it on level 22 of the Dungeon)
106476 | D:21     | Received a gift from Trog
106479 | D:21     | Got a transparent broad axe {god gift}
106486 | D:21     | Identified the broad axe "Killer Klown's Regret" {god gift, chop, -TELE +Inv rF+ rC++ rN+ SInv} (Trog gifted it to you on level 21 of the Dungeon)
106852 | D:22     | Reached skill level 5 in Axes
106872 | D:22     | Got a bloodstained crossbow
109472 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
110112 | Vault:1  | Reached XP level 23. HP: 196/196 MP: 13/13
110197 | Crypt:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Crypt
110270 | Crypt:1  | Received a gift from Trog
110550 | Crypt:1  | Noticed Khufu
110578 | Crypt:1  | Defeated Khufu
111646 | Crypt:2  | Found a staircase to the Tomb.
112269 | Crypt:3  | Received a gift from Trog
114542 | Crypt:4  | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
114557 | Crypt:4  | Reached skill level 25 in Maces & Flails
115052 | Crypt:4  | Received a gift from Trog
115089 | Crypt:4  | Reached skill level 5 in Unarmed Combat
115204 | Crypt:4  | Noticed Mara
115517 | Crypt:4  | Noticed BobRoss' illusion
116004 | Crypt:4  | Noticed BobRoss' illusion
116074 | Crypt:4  | Defeated Mara
116122 | Crypt:4  | Defeated BobRoss' illusion
116643 | Crypt:5  | Entered Level 5 of the Crypt
118022 | Crypt:5  | Got a pair of thick gauntlets
118026 | Crypt:5  | Identified the +3 pair of gauntlets of War (You found it on level 5 of the Crypt)
118170 | Crypt:5  | Reached XP level 24. HP: 201/203 MP: 15/15
119318 | Crypt:5  | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
119320 | Crypt:5  | Noticed a lich
119326 | Crypt:5  | Noticed a lich
119340 | Crypt:5  | Defeated a lich
119346 | Crypt:5  | Defeated a lich
119349 | Crypt:5  | Noticed an ancient lich
119741 | Crypt:5  | Defeated an ancient lich
119745 | Crypt:5  | HP: 2/203 [Green Death/bolt of poison[an ancient lich] (17)]
119745 | Crypt:5  | Slain by a Shadow Fiend

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 14th August 2011, 05:03

Shit... scrolling through the dump. I probably could have burned all 3 blink scrolls to get far enough away to have a chance to tele. **shakes fist**

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 14th August 2011, 08:09

bobross419 wrote:Shit... scrolling through the dump. I probably could have burned all 3 blink scrolls to get far enough away to have a chance to tele. **shakes fist**

this will continue for some time, directly after dying you'll have the idea how to save the character.
when you see you are in trouble take a short step away, remember that it is a turn based game and analyze all your options.
nobody will stab you while you look through the inventory for a few minutes, even if it feels like something dangerous to do :)
Check out my characters at Spielersofa (in German)

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 14th August 2011, 14:26

Ya. I thought about blinking, but only thought about my mutation uncontrolled blink. Did a mental inventory, will have to remember to do a physical inventory next time lol.

At any rate, I think that I've gotten past the problems I was having and in the future I'll post up CiP if I need help on anything. Much thanks to everyone that helped me breach the Lair/Mines plateau!

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 4th September 2011, 20:49

Hey all. I just started playing this game and am finding it to be one of the most accessible and intriguing roguelikes I've yet encountered. I'm only on Dungeon 3 but am very much enjoying it.

Anyway, I have a question. Am I right in thinking that once one's inventory is full the only thing to do is jettison stuff which isn't actually any use? There's nowhere to sell stuff, right?
Next

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice