Wu Jian Council help

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 19th December 2017, 16:40

Wu Jian Council help

Hey so I'm currently chaining Troll Monks of the Wu Jian Council because it's really huge fun to play Shaolin Troll 3000. However, there are very little explanations regarding the martial attacks so I have a few questions I hope you guys'll be able to answer to help me perfect my nintroll :
  1. When you whirlwind or wall jump on several monsters, do you get the full number of attacks on all the affected monsters ?
  2. When you wall jump, are all 8 adjacent tiles affected equally ?
  3. When you wall jump, do monsters attack you based on your old or new position?
  4. Against a single monster, is it better to use martial attacks or plain attacks ?
  5. Against a non-ranged monster, is the combo {whirlwind --> move back --> lunge} better or worse than normal attacks ?
    Edit :
  6. How (if possible) do you wall jump using doors ?
    One more for the road :
  7. Since Swiftness (unlike haste) reduces movement delay without affecting attack speed, does that mean that martial attacks become weaker when I am swift then stronger while sluggish ?
3 runes : MiMo^Ru, HOFi^Beogh, TrMo^Yredelemnul, GrFi^Ru, FoFi^Gozag, MiGl^Okawaru
4 runes : DDFi^Makhleb
5 runes : GrEE^Vehumet
15 runes : MiFi^Ru, NaWz^Sif Muna, GrWz^Sif Muna
I mostly play offline or online on CXC

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 20th December 2017, 20:32

Re: Wu Jian Council help

This is just based on my own observations and Wu is still being tweaked so things may have changed since I last tried Wu but I'll answer these to the best of my ability.

1: Yes, this will even stealth stab multiple monsters in one turn
2: Yes for attacks (same as 1), the dust cloud part is random though and seems to have no affect. They may prevent other clouds but I've never cared to test.
3: I'm unsure but it seems they attack your new position. I never tested it thoroughly.
4/5: Lunge is supposed to get a damage bonus against targets that have been recently attacked with whirlwind or walljump according to what I've read. This is especially useful against high AC targets.
6: I don't believe this is a feature. Would be neat though.
7: I don't believe Wu makes your attacks stronger or weaker based on movement speed, rather Wu seems to give attacks everytime you move based on your attack speed. So if your attack speed can't keep up with your move speed you simply lose attacks instead (some movements won't include an attack). A frequent problem for low level Spriggans of Wu. Inversely, a high attack speed seems to give you multiple attacks per movement.

Edit: Forgot to mention that for 1 and 2 movement based attacks don't seem to target things you can't see. Also clarified point 7 in ().
Last edited by Cornercat on Thursday, 21st December 2017, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author Cornercat has received thanks:
Fingolfin

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 21st December 2017, 19:16

Re: Wu Jian Council help

Just to add/correct based off the current WJC iteration:

3: You will be attacked at your new position after a wall jump. Think of it as moving to the new spot, doing the attacks and then waiting two turns (for a normal speed character)
4: Lunge is probably worth using against every monster, since you do 120% damage on that first attack. Whirlwind does 80% damage, so is suboptimal on single targets. Wall jump does normal damage, so that one is a bit of a wash, except that frontloading your damage may save you from a hit
5: As you can see from the damage numbers, whirlwind/lunge has the exact same average damage as normal attacks. There is no special bonus for lunge damage after martial attacks, it simply does 20% extra damage always.

Everything else Cornercat covered perfectly.

For this message the author RBrandon has received thanks:
Fingolfin

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice