Question(s) about Necromancy

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 1st December 2017, 16:03

Question(s) about Necromancy

So if I kill a guy with a branded weapon, and another guy without a branded, can I pick up that branded from the body of one guy and drop it on the body so that the other guy uses it? Can I reuse the branded weapon on different bodies?
How does a raised ded decide which weapon it should pick up (Should 2 or more weapons be placed where it died)?
Do the raised ded use the 'reaching' part of polearms?
Can ice zombies use weapons? Do they still do cold damage with the weapons?
Will dispel undead hurt my mummy necromancer?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st December 2017, 16:10

Re: Question(s) about Necromancy

right hand wrote:So if I kill a guy with a branded weapon, and another guy without a branded, can I pick up that branded from the body of one guy and drop it on the body so that the other guy uses it? Can I reuse the branded weapon on different bodies?
How does a raised ded decide which weapon it should pick up (Should 2 or more weapons be placed where it died)?
Do the raised ded use the 'reaching' part of polearms?
Can ice zombies use weapons? Do they still do cold damage with the weapons?
Will dispel undead hurt my mummy necromancer?

Only animate dead (regular zombies) and animate skeleton (regular skeletons) will create undead that use weapons, they will only use melee weapons they died while using and only if you don't pick them up or move them from the square with their corpse. If the weapon is a polearm I am fairly sure they can attack with reaching, but usually won't (I think this can only happen if a zombie with a polearm cannot move adjacent to a creature due to terrain and other allies)

Dispel undead is a targeted attack spell it will only hurt you if you target yourself with it (or a monster casts it at you)
Last edited by Siegurt on Friday, 1st December 2017, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
right hand

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 1st December 2017, 16:12

Re: Question(s) about Necromancy

Thank you.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice