Crystal pl vs Dragon King

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 10th November 2017, 23:34

Crystal pl vs Dragon King

I am playing a ghoul of Lugonu and found a +0 crystal plate in D. However, for sale at 1800 $, I can buy the armour of the Dragon King. I don't really need rC or rP, but I get rElec from a ring with rF- on it, so it would be great to balance it out.
Right now I get 22AC from crystal, and would get 19 from Dragon. I have one scroll of enchant armour, done D, L, O and Spider.
MR would also be good, because I simply don't have it: the only source were a pair of artifact boots with *slow, and I dropped them because they almost killed me a few times too many.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 11th November 2017, 00:03

Re: Crystal pl vs Dragon King

It's +0 and you only have one EA scroll, use dragon king IMO

For this message the author Shard1697 has received thanks:
nago

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 11th November 2017, 00:30

Personally, I'd stick with the CPA, it's better general protection than the dragon king, and will only improve as you enchant it (Which dragon king can not), maybe you won't do a lot of enchanting considering the point you're at in the game, but even the minor difference that exist presently is in favor of CPA.

I guess if you can't come up with 2 pips of fire resistance for OOF's without it, it might be worth buying, (One is ok in CPA, but two is more comfortable) however it seems unlikely, but possible that two plain rings of rF+ haven't generated in your game.
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 11th November 2017, 08:00

There is no way you are getting more ac from a +0 cpa than a +9 gds. Go with dragon king. It is way better.

For this message the author edgefigaro has received thanks:
VeryAngryFelid

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Saturday, 11th November 2017, 10:10

I think Shtopit made the calculation based on the assumption that the Dragon King's armour is a +0 GDA. And Seigurt also calculated this way. I dunno, that my be right, who knows what is going on in trunk nowadays.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 12th November 2017, 07:46

Magipi wrote:I think Shtopit made the calculation based on the assumption that the Dragon King's armour is a +0 GDA. And Seigurt also calculated this way. I dunno, that my be right, who knows what is going on in trunk nowadays.

I didn't actually calculate anything, I just assumed the OP had done their math correctly.
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 12th November 2017, 08:06

Well, armour of the dragon king is +9 GDS, so it will give 21 AC even without any armour skill. I would guess that the "19AC" in the OP refers to the base AC (including armour skill), so armour of the dragon king will give 28 AC in total.

Anyway, I would wear the dragon king armour over the CPA. The former is more convenient (lots of resistances) and is highly enchanted from the start, and it is good enough to win the game. Of course, if you don't have 1800 spare gold, you can keep wearing the CPA, which is pretty good.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 12th November 2017, 14:28

Thank you everyone, in the end I chose the Dragon King. I had asked myself if the CPA would have increased so much in power because of the AC bonus from skill, to eventually overcome DK for just a couple scrolls. In the end I died very stupidly against a death cob and a storm dragon (I kept attacking the cob without damaging it, got slowed, and only looked for alternatives when it was way too late). Pity, I had 4 runes.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice