FeSu god choice

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 7th November 2017, 22:00

FeSu god choice

Been beating my head against the wall trying to win as Felid. Summoner seems good, but what god is a good match? Tried dith, but no luck there.
Victorious with 12:
MiFi^Oka, OgBe^Trog, DsGl^Yred, TrMo^Qaz, GrFE^Veh, HOSk^Beo, DrWz^Sif, DECj^Nem, DDAr^Mak, MfTm^Ru, NaWr^Chei, HEEE^Sif

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 7th November 2017, 22:15

Re: FeSu god choice

Strong gods are strong. Fe^kiku is strong. Fe^Makh is strong.

Sif is the obvious choice for Su. Nemelex is less irritating than usual due to inventory space from Fe.

FeSu^Dith is awkward because you don't have natural synergies with shadow mimic.

My second win was a FeBe.

Really, FeXX^YY is less about X or y, and more about Fe. If you are having trouble, try to leverage your Fe strengths (fast, can easily reset fights.) and play away from your weaknesses (fragile, difficult to win melee fights) more carefully.

For this message the author edgefigaro has received thanks: 2
archaeo, nago

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 9th November 2017, 20:31

edgefigaro wrote:Strong gods are strong. Fe^kiku is strong. Fe^Makh is strong.

Sif is the obvious choice for Su.

Whoa, I thought Sif was a Bad God. What makes it good for Su? Doesn't it take just as long to help you with that background?
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 9th November 2017, 20:54

Divine Energy and Channel let you sustain and spam. Divine energy comes at 1*, channel at 3*. Summoners often have long drawn out fights where (after deployment is over) there is plenty of time for these effects to come into play. Summoners can manage -cast on Divine Energy easilly.

Sif is bad if you take it for the books. Don't take it for the books.

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 11th November 2017, 16:46

Yredelemnul is my favorite god for FeXX. She makes you very strong when the game is usually hard for felids, that is, after Lair but before you have found a source of Statform or Dform. She synergizes better with a caster background because of her fast piety decay, though I don't know much about her piety interaction with non-undead summons. FeIE for Ozo's and FeCj for Prism are both pretty fun.

I have no idea why people want to play pure caster felids, since your aptitudes aren't good, your spells make a lot of noise, and most mid/lategame monsters are fast or have ranged attacks. I don't need the stress. Also, even if I were playing a caster I wouldn't waste my god choice on a weak god like Sif unless I want to play as a bad Deep Elf.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice