The orcish Legion

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 21st October 2017, 09:32

The orcish Legion

I came to Orcish Mines as Hill orc Monk of Beogh at lvl 20 with max piety and converted the entire branch, it seems. What do i do with all these orcs?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 21st October 2017, 17:36

Re: The orcish Legion

From what I've gathered, you ought to use a combination of telling them to "wait here" and recall until you have a few buddies that are knights or warlords, and then try to keep only a few such for the rest of the game.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 21st October 2017, 17:39

Tell them to wait, then go to another floor and recall a few of them. You only want to train a few at a time because experience gets split between them. Get them up to warlords or sorcerers/high priests before training any more(warlords are the best). Gift them polearms when possible, preferably one handed polearms. Reaching is powerful on allies and 1H weapons means they attack faster and might be gifted shields by beogh.

Barkeep

Post Monday, 23rd October 2017, 03:48

I remember reading somewhere here that spears are the best normal weapons for beogh followers, as attack speed matters more than weapon damage for your warlords.

I've found sorcs and high priests to be trash allies. By the time you get them, they're fragile and outclassed by everything they meet.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 23rd October 2017, 13:14

Why isn't Beogh revamped to only allow a few followers at a time, max? This just screams tedium. Might as well hardcode all the steps players are taking here to optimize their allies. You could even do something fun like :

Beogh moves an orc warrior to join your cause.
Your party is already full.
An orc warrior challenges an orc warrior, they will fight to the death for the honor of following you.

Max followers could slowly rise with XL, giving time for your recruits to power up as you go.

For this message the author crawlnoob has received thanks:
pedritolo

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 24th October 2017, 00:58

I wrote a lengthy reform idea a while ago over here. My thoughts haven't changed much except I think perhaps beogh either should have smiting replaced with a "heal orc" piety cost ability, or removed with no replacement. It's very powerful but also quite dull because it murders any target regardless of context, cannot be avoided, resisted, etc. If you have invo training you can kill anything with smite.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice