Gnoll Wanderer

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 10th October 2017, 20:51

Gnoll Wanderer

So, i just downloaded a Gnoll Trunk, the one in which they learn all skills at once, and started a wanderer with Book of Minor Magic, a randart book with Apportation and Teleport Other, 11 int, 17 strength, and 11.1 Spellcasting, 12MP lvl 1. How would you play him?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 11th October 2017, 04:33

Re: Gnoll Wanderer

I am not sure what you are asking. Use the best weapon you find, learn and cast the best spells you have. If you find a good armour, use it too
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks:
nago

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 11th October 2017, 08:00

Re: Gnoll Wanderer

With book of minor magic, I would help myself to Magic Dart for ranged damage in the early dungeon. Then, at xl 2, I would add Blink and Call Imp, assuming the fail rate becomes reasonable fairly quickly. At xl 3, I would memorise the best spell in the game and enjoy the rest of the dungeon/lair.

With spare spell levels I would also memorise apportation, RMsl and Meph Cloud, as and when.

Of course, with a Gnoll I'd use any decent melee/ranged weapons I find, but would always carry a polearm, because it combines nicely with Conjure Flame.

In general my plan would be to use Conjure Flame to keep my distance from dangerous monsters, then whittle them down with launchers / magic dart / polearms. I would use Blink to create distance if necessary and Imps to block line of fire (although this can be fairly unreliable).

Later I would move on to use Conjure Flame to do damage, to enemies like orc warriors, spiny frogs, yaks, etc.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice