+4 elec d trident or +8 draining d trident

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 30th August 2017, 04:17

+4 elec d trident or +8 draining d trident

Looking to acquire my third rune soon, have a +7 demon trident of draining that I acquired before lair. Just snagged a +3 demon trident of elec in the depths, and I found a brand scroll next to the shop. The drain is pretty nice, and will work against everything except curse toes, OoF, lichs, etc in zot. Am I right in assuming that switching to the elec demon trident is probably not worth it?

Edit - Also have a brand weapon scroll if that makes a difference. Doubting so. Fire or Ice I think would not be as useful on a demon trident than draining, and poison would definitely be worse at this point in the game and they're my most likely alternatives.

2nd Edit - Nevermind. Snagged the abyssal rune but died while waiting for tele to kick in. Was using elec one in the abyss. For what its worth - Ds monk of Yred, had nightstalker and shadow dragon armor which was a nice combo.
Last edited by ajon on Wednesday, 30th August 2017, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 30th August 2017, 04:32

Re: +4 elec d trident or +8 draining d trident

Draining is about as good as elec as far as I know. You could thereticaly keep both around for elec vurnerable draining resistant stuff, but OOFs, are elec immune and liches have rElec. You could rebrand the draining trident when you hit Z:5 or on the orb run though.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice