Fedhas..?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 20th August 2017, 18:35

Fedhas..?

I've seen a lot of praise for Fedhas, but I don't really see the appeal. What am I missing?

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 20th August 2017, 20:20

Re: Fedhas..?

It seems to be about creating favorable terrain and luring things into ambushes of oklob plants that you can stand behind and shoot through. I've dabbled with him and never felt powerful. You can get screwed on fruit drops. Reproduction can kill you.
Won with: KeAE^Sif, NaWz^Sif, NaTm^Chei, SpEn^Nmlx, GrEE^Qaz, HOFE^Veh, MiBe^Trog, DrFE^Hep, FoFi^Zin, CeHu^Oka, DjFE^Ash, DrIE^Ru, FeSu^Jiy, GnCA^Usk.
In Progress:
Long-term goal: complete the pantheon.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 20th August 2017, 20:43

It's that with * piety you get the ability to raise wandering mushrooms who will confuse all enemies for you (and do damage as well).
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 20th August 2017, 21:40

Fedhas gives several very powerful abilities.

In the beginning, of course, it's mushrooms. If you are a Fedhas worshipper, always walk around with a few mushrooms. There are some very tedious ways to maximise the returns, involving shouting a lot and counting attacks and so on, but it's not really necessary. Just have them with you. If something dangerous comes into view, retreat through the mushrooms, then watch the dangerous thing die, or help kill it. Throughout Dungeon, Orc and Lair the mushrooms are very strong and the fact that they cause confusion feels like cheating sometimes. I've used mushrooms pretty much everywhere in the game except extended.

If you have ranged weapons, like a bow, sling are just some stones, you can fire through all your plants too, and through neutral ones, which is great.

Sunlight gives extra hit chance and reveals invisible enemies, and doesn't even cost any piety! It should probably be used in every fight, but the tedium probably means it's only used in every significant fight. You can also use it to make deep water passable.

Growth allows you to instantly create plants around you, blocking line of fire. You can also turn them into Oklobs.

Oklobs with some invocations are extremely strong. I have fond memories of killing most of Vaults:5 with two well-placed Oklobs in one of the outer edge corridors; insanity! A group of well-spaced Oklobs reliably kill Orbs of Fire. Oklobs are the reason why I almost invariably acquire fruit when I'm with Fedhas.

Reproduction turns corpses into high-damage confusion bombs. This is great in places with lots of enemies and lots of corpses, like Orc. The confusion works on dangerous enemies too, like Saint Roka. Just be careful, you can hit yourself with it and confuse yourself too.

Rain can be used to insta-kill anything that's not flying. Notably, Ancient Liches, Greater Mummies and a number of dangerous uniques can't fly. If you can set up an area of shallow water around a corner, then lure a Lich around and drown it, that's great. You can use sunlight to reactivate your trap. Rain can also be used to create terrain that's unpassable to many enemies like Spriggans, Deep Trolls, Death Yaks, Spiders, etc.

A number of dangerous plants become neutral, like Shambling Mangroves and Thornhunters. You can also pray to kill zombies, like bog bodies. This makes Swamp by far the easiest branch for anyone worshipping Fedhas. It also makes Crypt easier.

Fedhas is great, and all the abilities are useful. The usefulness drops off a fair bit in extended, partly because piety is harder to get, partly because many things can fly and partly because one runs out of fruit sometimes.

Every time you are in a bad spot, check all your Fedhas abilities.
Last edited by 4Hooves2Appendages on Monday, 21st August 2017, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author 4Hooves2Appendages has received thanks: 4
bel, Roy, ThreeInvisibleDucks, Tulse

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 20th August 2017, 23:52

For this message the author bel has received thanks: 2
Gigaslurp, VeryAngryFelid

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 21st August 2017, 00:19

oh, radtastic! thanks for the cool info!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice