What non-melee playstyles synergise with Uskayaw?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 25th July 2017, 21:34

What non-melee playstyles synergise with Uskayaw?

She seems like a god that fits very well with melee, but I wonder if there's other ways to utilize Uskayaw? Like how Dithmenos is primarily worshipped by stabbers but the shadow mimic allows him a niche with ranged weapon users and conjuration-users.

I've never really seen this god used for anything else other tabbing.
16/26 on the way to GreaterOctopode (Win all backgrounds as an Octopode)

Progress so far : OpFi, OpGl, OpWn, OpAr, OpCK, OpMo, OpBe, OpHu, OpVM, OpAM, OpWr, OpFE, OpEE, OpNe, OpTm, OpSk

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 25th July 2017, 22:11

Re: What non-melee playstyles synergise with Uskayaw?

The piety formula rewards number of hits much more than it rewards damage, so characters using Static Discharge and similar things are best.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 2
MainiacJoe, Vajrapani

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 26th July 2017, 12:53

duvessa wrote:The piety formula rewards number of hits much more than it rewards damage, so characters using Static Discharge and similar things are best.

May I trouble you please to find and write out this formula? I'm particularly interested in cases like cleaving, clouds, and fireball etc, and poison where the damage occurs to multiple targets in a single player action.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 26th July 2017, 15:15

MainiacJoe wrote:
duvessa wrote:The piety formula rewards number of hits much more than it rewards damage, so characters using Static Discharge and similar things are best.

May I trouble you please to find and write out this formula? I'm particularly interested in cases like cleaving, clouds, and fireball etc, and poison where the damage occurs to multiple targets in a single player action.

Well, you can ignore poison, Usk doesn't care about Damage over time, it's right there in his description (he used to, but it was awful, gaining piety by kiting things with poison was dumb)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice