Using Ozo's Armour

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 23rd July 2017, 10:20

Using Ozo's Armour

I'm playing a HuEn of Ash, currently working my way through lair. I'm wearing an acid dragon armour and also have a troll leather armour in reserve. I just found a book of frost and am considering switching to the troll armour to use with ozo's. Investment in ice magic is no problem since it helps my ensorcelled hibernation now and eventually my metabolic englaciation and summon ice beast, plus worshipping Ash makes the xp cost considerably lighter.

From a numbers standpoint troll+ozo's is better. But from a quality of life standpoint always casting/remembering to cast ozo's is cumbersome and in that sense might not even be worth it.

What are everyone's experiences regarding this mechanics vs. quality-of-life tradeoff? Which would you pick?

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 23rd July 2017, 10:44

Re: Using Ozo's Armour

Ozo's is awful in terms of "quality of life" and it's amazing to me this situation has been allowed to continue. I get ozo's whenever it's reasonable to get it, but I use it infrequently. Though I don't like recasting spectral weapon or summons either, these at least make encounters faster once cast, so I always do it. Ozo's at best makes you able to hold out longer in an encounter.
*Lana Del Rey voice* , video games...

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 23rd July 2017, 11:38

I use it when it's available and I'm generally casting spells, like on conjurers, summoners, enchanters, etc. Sure, it's a bit tedious, but you probably don't need it in every fight. Just remember to use it when it matters.

If you somehow can't make yourself cast it regularly, or you forgot it often, then you're probably better off with different spells. On an enchanter you want spell power though, so lighter armour is almost necessary in any case.
Last edited by 4Hooves2Appendages on Monday, 24th July 2017, 08:02, edited 2 times in total.

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 24th July 2017, 01:39

Fyi armor encumberance doesn't affect spellpower

For this message the author amaril has received thanks:
4Hooves2Appendages

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 24th July 2017, 21:33

I like Ozo's around Lair/branches if I'm doing enough Ice magic anyway.

Later on in the game it sort of works if you have lots of MP/margin for some delays. But you can run into fire bumping it off so often that I find it rather bothersome.
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 25th July 2017, 23:00

I'm running a transmuter through extended right now, and always have it on. (Unless I forget.)

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice