Cheibriados and berserkitis

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 30th June 2017, 12:14

Cheibriados and berserkitis

So my Troll of Chei got berserkitis from eating too much junk food. Later on, while cutting an ant to pieces, the effect triggered, and I got the message :
  Code:
A red film seems to cover your vision as you go berserk!
Cheibriados protects you from inadvertent hurry.

What does that mean? The character still went berserk, did I lose any piety? What did Chei "protect" me from?
3 runes : MiMo^Ru, HOFi^Beogh, TrMo^Yredelemnul, GrFi^Ru, FoFi^Gozag, MiGl^Okawaru
4 runes : DDFi^Makhleb
5 runes : GrEE^Vehumet
15 runes : MiFi^Ru, NaWz^Sif Muna, GrWz^Sif Muna
I mostly play offline or online on CXC

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 30th June 2017, 12:19

Re: Cheibriados and berserkitis

As far as I understand it:
You did go berserk. You didn't get the usual berserk speed boost. You lost no piety.

Berserk gives three things:
- Might, you got that.
- 50% bonus HP, you also got that.
- Haste, you didn't get that.

I believe inadvertent conduct violations are not penalised with piety losses, generally. I would not be surprised at all if there were a lot of special cases.

For this message the author 4Hooves2Appendages has received thanks:
Fingolfin

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 30th June 2017, 12:30

4Hooves2Appendages wrote:As far as I understand it:
You did go berserk. You didn't get the usual berserk speed boost. You lost no piety.

Berserk gives three things:
- Might, you got that.
- 50% bonus HP, you also got that.
- Haste, you didn't get that.

I believe inadvertent conduct violations are not penalised with piety losses, generally. I would not be surprised at all if there were a lot of special cases.

Thanks for the quick answer, indeed I checked in another fight and my speed did stay the same. I believe I can also confirm that I didn't lose piety : at the end of that fight (iguana) I unlocked Step from time, so unless iguanas give a lot of piety, I haven't lost any with berserk.
3 runes : MiMo^Ru, HOFi^Beogh, TrMo^Yredelemnul, GrFi^Ru, FoFi^Gozag, MiGl^Okawaru
4 runes : DDFi^Makhleb
5 runes : GrEE^Vehumet
15 runes : MiFi^Ru, NaWz^Sif Muna, GrWz^Sif Muna
I mostly play offline or online on CXC

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 30th June 2017, 21:02

To confirm yes, you get everything except for the haste, and there's no piety penalty. Non-haste berserk can actually still be pretty strong, although the risk with it is that you might end up passing out from exhaustion at a bad time, so I generally try to cure it if you can, but aside from the risk of paralysis, it's actually not that harmful (especially on a troll).

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 30th June 2017, 22:49

If passing out could get you killed, then don't melee attack. Cast spells or use ranged/evokers/invocations instead.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice