A couple of quick questions

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 27th June 2017, 15:19

A couple of quick questions

Killed Bai Suzhen. A shapeshifter corpse and a quarterstaff was left on tile. Bai Suzhen was scryed about 1000 turns ago, so I don't think she was originally a shapeshifter and I hope that shapeshifters can't become uniques. Is she meant to leave a shapeshifter corpse behind as opposed to a storm dragon corpse?

Vault guard with a distortion weapon. 45% success rate of Tukima's Dance. Resisted 11 times in a row and decided to just risk going into the abyss (lvl22 OgVM). Are distortion weapons immune to Tukima's dance, or was it just chance?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th June 2017, 15:49

Re: A couple of quick questions

Maybe the guard was wearing some +MR gear?
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 27th June 2017, 16:00

Sorry I know this is off topic, but is it "plan tissue," "plant issue," or my top pick, "plant is sue"?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th June 2017, 17:17

Spoiler: show
What kind of kins are Zip Zips kins?
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

For this message the author Sprucery has received thanks:
ZipZipskins

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th June 2017, 17:34

ZipZipskins wrote:Sorry I know this is off topic, but is it "plan tissue," "plant issue," or my top pick, "plant is sue"?

It could also be "plan 'tis sue"
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
ZipZipskins

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 27th June 2017, 18:29

Sprucery wrote:
What kind of kins are Zip Zips kins?

the goodkind

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 27th June 2017, 18:56

Plantissue wrote:Killed Bai Suzhen. A shapeshifter corpse and a quarterstaff was left on tile. Bai Suzhen was scryed about 1000 turns ago, so I don't think she was originally a shapeshifter and I hope that shapeshifters can't become uniques. Is she meant to leave a shapeshifter corpse behind as opposed to a storm dragon corpse?

Vault guard with a distortion weapon. 45% success rate of Tukima's Dance. Resisted 11 times in a row and decided to just risk going into the abyss (lvl22 OgVM). Are distortion weapons immune to Tukima's dance, or was it just chance?

As far as I know, Shapeshifters can't become uniques. Bai Suzhen is a shapeshifter. At about half health she turns into a dragon after all. Did you kill her in Dragon Form or in Draconian Form?

The chance of 11 failuers in a row on 55% is ~ 0.14%. Not likely, but certainly not impossibly unlikely. I have no idea if MR+ items don't show up for the estimate.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th June 2017, 19:29

I'm pretty sure MR+ items are not taken into account in the estimate, as that would give information about unidentified gear.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 27th June 2017, 19:32

She died in storm dragon form. The background suggests that her true form is as a dragon so I was wondering. I succeeded on using Tukima's dance on another distortion weapon so it's just pure chance. The vault guard wasn't wearing any MR+ items.

It's actually Plant Tissue, but I combined the words once I realised I can form all sorts of words by combining the two together.

For this message the author Plantissue has received thanks:
ZipZipskins

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 27th June 2017, 23:39

Uniques can be polymorphed into shapeshifters, if memory serves. Were you worshipping Xom? He'd do that for you happily.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 28th June 2017, 05:48

But don't they revert to their original form on death, i.e. leave the corpse of her original form? I'll bet she killed the shapeshifter with her storm cloud.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 5th July 2017, 00:43

It is all a bit confusing. The wiki says she is a "draconian wayfarer," not a shapeshifter per se. However, she gets categorized as type "dragon, storm dragon" and not draconian (as opposed to the rest of the monster draconians including Tiamat)... And not shapeshifter.

But then the lore quote says "will revert to her true form," which might be taken to suggest storm dragon (seems probable? "flooding unfortunate temples") or even shapeshifter (just because that's the corpse we get) I suppose.

She does often die in dragon form (I assume often and not always, unless the game technically changes her e.g. the moment someone pops a nuke on her initial form?), but what you get is a shapeshifter corpse not a dragon corpse so I'm not sure that makes it any more clear.

It seems pretty open to interpretation, if one doesn't assume the game categories are authoritative.

The only thing that's certain to me is she is definitely a unique... And she often leaves a shapeshifter corpse.
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice