Post Sunday, 4th June 2017, 01:27

Crawl Nomograms

I have started making nomograms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomogram). My impetus was to help me with bread baking, so I could use a laminated sheet of paper instead of a calculator, pencil, and paper when I have messy hands. They've taken me some time to get the hang of them, so I've been doing Crawl applications to practice with. Here are two nomograms. One gives you the bonus AC from your base AC of worn items and your Armour skill. The other gives you your average damage multiplier from weapon skill and fighting. To use either one, hold a straight-edge between two known values on any two of the scales and read the unknown value where the straightedge crosses the third scale.

I hope someone finds these useful. I'd love to hear of other nomograms that might be helpful, to help me learn how to construct them. They have been challenging for me to figure out since I've never had a linear algebra class.

Spoiler: show
Bonus AC Nomogram.png
Bonus AC Nomogram.png (91.07 KiB) Viewed 1077 times

Damage Multiplier Nomogram.png
Damage Multiplier Nomogram.png (113.21 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

For this message the author MainiacJoe has received thanks: 2
Fingolfin, yesno