Igniting Vault Five?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 24th May 2017, 02:45

Igniting Vault Five?

Has anyone tried this? I'm imagining my draconian doing a superhero landing in vault five and then proceeding to light the entire world up while tilting its head back and roaring while vehumet says let it end in hellfire, but I'm not sure if will work/kill me. Is there a limit to how many enemies ignition applies to?

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 24th May 2017, 03:46

Re: Igniting Vault Five?

Nope, no limit. It *should* work fine, but be careful with running out of MP.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 24th May 2017, 04:29

Conveniently Demise just posted a video in which he did exactly that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHp0-F7aJvM

Clearing the initial vault guards is a joke but running low on HP and MP without having time to rest is still an issue.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 24th May 2017, 04:43

That was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, tears up.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Wednesday, 24th May 2017, 07:02

ManMan wrote:Conveniently Demise just posted a video in which he did exactly that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHp0-F7aJvM

Clearing the initial vault guards is a joke but running low on HP and MP without having time to rest is still an issue.

Actually, the whole welcome committee died in 2 turns, and Demise had 40 of 48 MP remaining after that. (Vehumet refilled some mana for the kills). The next 10 seconds is typical Demise, though: he spends the entire 40 mana shooting single-target spells, and then "That didn't work at all! Alright, cool."

For this message the author Magipi has received thanks:
duvessa

Barkeep

Post Wednesday, 24th May 2017, 12:38

Yeah, that was kinda weird. If you're gonna head downstairs and wake up the whole damn level with ignition, then hang tight while you build a new target-rich environment (the corners of the quadrants are good chokepoints), and use ignition on the ensuing big groups.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 24th May 2017, 15:50

Is immolation + ignition ever worth doing? Maybe if you have a tough boss surrounded by minions is what I'm thinking. I spectated a guy last night who used immolation + cleansing flame in the new Tomb:3 as a ^TSO.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 24th May 2017, 17:24

It's worth doing specifically for the royal jelly.

I ignited the V:5 welcome party one time when I went downstairs on V:4 by accident. I figured since I wouldn't be coming back for a while (still hadn't done depths or elf) the noise wouldn't matter too much.

OTR+Ignite Poison is a fun way to do the V:5 party as well and makes less noise.
Wins:
(3 Runes) MiBe^Trog, DEFE^Veh, HOMo^Beo, SpEn^Goz, DDNe^Mak, MfGl^Fed, TrHu^Nem, DrSu^Ash, CeAK^Luc, GrEE^Kiku, {GhAr^WJC, HoGl^Beo}, GnWz^Oka, OgAM^Ydr
(15 runes) GrEE^Veh

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice