VSFi and gods to worship

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 21st May 2017, 23:21

VSFi and gods to worship

Besides Oka or Trog, what is typically a solid choice of god for a VSFi? I haven't played this race very much and don't know too much about the playstyle except for the spirit shield part.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 21st May 2017, 23:34

Re: VSFi and gods to worship

Mine went with Fedhas, who is usually a good choice. Kiku, Makhleb, Ru, Hep, Nemelex should all be fine.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

For this message the author Sprucery has received thanks:
therealnebgrebaes

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 22nd May 2017, 00:07

Also, will a helmet worn allow for biting to happen? I would think not, but I still see Claws and Hooves/Talons work with their respective equip on.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 22nd May 2017, 06:24

Helmets have no effect on VS biting. Boots negate hooves/talons (1-2) and level 3 hooves/talons prohibit boots. Likewise, claws (1-2) are negated by gloves and claws 3 prohibit gloves.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 23rd May 2017, 21:54

VS are completely overpowered if they manage to find statue form. If you are going to play statue form, Chei is a good choice. Note that this will make you a bit more vulnerable until you actually get statue form going, but afterwards you're nearly invincible.

VS bites are based on your attack speed and stats, so unarmed is the fastest attack you can have outside of quick blades, and with chei you will bite every attack (your str+dex are over 49, if I remember the numbers correctly). Statue form gives +30% hp which means the low hp pool is no longer a problem, and you have the regeneration to restore it quickly. Stack other forms of regeneration (notably the spell) if you find them.

VSMo is popular for speed runs, see 4thArraOfDagon's high score here: http://crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/4t ... 234357.txt

My less efficient but still pretty fast run here: http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Tason ... 020017.txt

Or look at my signature for the link to my youtube recording of the above speedrun. We used monks for the bonus to piety, but fighter is also a good choice. You do want to use a shield with this build, although fighters will of course take longer to build up piety.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice