Best practices for Beogh worshippers

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th May 2017, 21:40

Best practices for Beogh worshippers

So I'm trying to plan out various characters for the tournament, and I usually do a beogh game. It's been awhile* since I played beogh and I know things have changed somewhat, so I wanted to get a refresher/ask how people manage the orc army. Is it still ideal to give knights/warlords spears, or should I gift them other things?

You can only gift once now, so would it maybe be better to hope they pick up a polearm themselves, and then gift them good body armors? Ideal is usually GDA for all the resists, although for most of the game you're probably looking at just giving them plate, and possibly with an ego if you have extra ego plates.

How concerned should I be with giving them ranged weapons, and any tips for priests/wizard followers? I assume for them it's just give them the best armor you can, as their spells are what really matter.

*but I can still remember just the way you taste

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 19th May 2017, 21:55

Re: Best practices for Beogh worshippers

Beogh tends to gift your melee orcs ranged weapons,and upgrades their armour, at some point, so it's best to just gift your orcs the best polearm you have and not bother keeping the wizards and priests alive, they're pretty much completely worthless. He sometimes tends to upgrade the base weapon type, and enchantment of armour/weapons so it doesn't really matter that much if you don't have a spare +9 bardiche of electrocution on hand.

It's not really a huge deal if alot of orcs die though,as long you have a few high-quality ones, 1-2 warlords with good polearms will be enough to deal with pretty much anything in a 3-rune game. But obviously, it is ideal to keep a decent number alive if things go wrong, so try to do poison-heavy branches as a solo mission whenever possible unless you like your followers dying in droves to a single swamp dragon.

Also: Beogh's smite is pretty damn good, and combined with HO's +3 invo aptitude is devastating. I found good uses for it in Vaults:5, when sniping vault wardens/Liches/Tormenters from behind crowds when stairdancing.
16/26 on the way to GreaterOctopode (Win all backgrounds as an Octopode)

Progress so far : OpFi, OpGl, OpWn, OpAr, OpCK, OpMo, OpBe, OpHu, OpVM, OpAM, OpWr, OpFE, OpEE, OpNe, OpTm, OpSk

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th May 2017, 22:25

Re: Best practices for Beogh worshippers

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice