Chei, Bend Time

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 11th May 2017, 00:38

Chei, Bend Time

Is it just a movement slow or does it affect attack speed too?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 11th May 2017, 02:04

Re: Chei, Bend Time

Bend time applies the normal slow effect to all monsters in melee range of you, assuming you pass the check (which I think is based on HD, not MR?). So yes, it will affect enemy attack speed.

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
EvilAshe

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 11th May 2017, 02:49

The change in move speed is not particularly relevant, either. You want to slow monsters' actions, because movement is the only thing that's slowed for you.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

For this message the author njvack has received thanks:
EvilAshe

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 11th May 2017, 03:02

It's all moot now since I died on Shoals 4 but next time I come across an early Chei altar hopefully I'll remember (and maybe find a use for the second ability). Thank you.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 12th May 2017, 20:40

By second skill I assume you mean temporal distortion:

Temporal Distortion is Chei's most flexible skill, as it causes everything to move around. Use it to get things that are at range (like casters and archers) up close, or use it to get things next to you to go away so you can retreat upstairs. Use it to make Orbs of Destruction pass through you harmlessly, or dissipate nasty clouds that have formed on top of you. It will also immediately split up slimes, so you don't have to panic about having that very large slime right next to you. Most importantly, it is an instant ability - so monsters do not act after it. Piety and mana costs of the skill aren't that much higher than bend time, so don't be afraid to use this skill often! It's often a good idea to use it 2-4 times in a row, if you are trying to get a specific result, you can roll the dice several times at only a small piety cost each time. It adds up if you keep using it, but potentially saving your life is well worth 5 or even 10 piety.

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
mattlistener

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice