Regeneration in dragon form

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 6th May 2017, 07:13

Regeneration in dragon form

Does dragon form provide regeneration? If so, how much? There are different pieces of information:

CrawlWiki wrote:Dragon Form is a level 7 Transmutations spell [...]
Pros: [...] Regeneration
wiki/Dragon_form

On the other hand, wiki/regeneration rate doesn't tell anything, neither do learnDB#regeneration or learnDB#dragon_form.

While I have dForm active it seems that there is some regeneration. Which piece of information is right?

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 6th May 2017, 09:08

Re: Regeneration in dragon form

In trunk theres a regeneration timer under %

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 6th May 2017, 10:57

Well, it's a 0.19 game.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 8th May 2017, 20:17

As far as I know, dragon form does not give any bonus regeneration as a separate effect. However, regeneration is always based off of your current hp pool, and dragon form gives +50% hp, so your regeneration scales up with it.

As far as I know this page is still accurate despite being flagged as .15: http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Regeneration_rate

If anyone spots anything that has changed on that page, let me know, and I'll update it and then bump the version number.

Edit: so far, removed a reference to chei long turns being capped at 10 auts, which they aren't anymore, and removed a line about trolls not benefiting from troll leather armor (they used to not, but now they do). Is it true that the amulets/mutation are both 40 regen rate? One of the examples at the bottom says 20, but the top part says 40, so I assume that 40 is the current value and the example is outdated. After that, should probably condense the vampire state information, as vampires have lost a few of the inbetween thirst states, and then it should be correct.

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
Turukano

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 8th May 2017, 20:56

tasonir wrote:Is it true that the amulets/mutation are both 40 regen rate? One of the examples at the bottom says 20, but the top part says 40, so I assume that 40 is the current value and the example is outdated.

40 for the amulet*, and 40 per level of the mutation.

*(_Technically_, 40 per item equipped with the EQ_AMULET and AMU_REGENERATION types. [player::wearing returns an int, not a bool.] The code is written such that if the player somehow managed to equip multiple such items, they would stack, each providing one REGEN_PIP's worth of regen rate.)

Relevant code here, here and here.

For this message the author Implojin has received thanks:
tasonir

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 8th May 2017, 21:35

Thanks for the link to the code, that lets me also confirm the vampire states, so I believe the page is now fully correct for .19, and I've bumped up the version.

Zot Zealot

Post Thursday, 11th May 2017, 15:54

The initial idea was the question if I should activate dForm for saving turns :-) In the meantime my char found regeneration spell and the problem is solved anyway.

However, thanks for your answers.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 13th May 2017, 08:27

Turukano wrote:The initial idea was the question if I should activate dForm for saving turns :-) In the meantime my char found regeneration spell and the problem is solved anyway.

However, thanks for your answers.

"Congratulations, you have finally mastered the ability to transform your very body into an awesome fire-breathing magical powerhouse of a dragon. What are you going to do with all that power?"
"I think i'm gonna turn dragon before i rest so i'm done with that slightly faster!"

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice