Nemelex in 19.5: Invocations or Evocations?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 30th April 2017, 21:54

Nemelex in 19.5: Invocations or Evocations?

Hi all!
In 19.X Nemelex abilities changed from Evocations to Invocations, and that's ok.
But what about card power?
It's not clear. It states that card power is increased by Nemelex, but I don't understand if base power depends or not depends by Evocations.

Card decks exist indipendently from Nemelex, so card power should be bound to Evocation.
But when I dropped a wand (and only decks were in my inventory) the game said: "you stop training Evocations". :shock:

So... any idea?
Thank you!

EDIT: edited 4 times to get Invocation and Evocation in the right place :D
Won: SpHu Slinger of Okawaru (3 runes) - DsGl Unarmed of Makhleb (3 runes) - TrFi Unarmed of Nem (3 runes) - GnFE of Ash (3 runes) - DsGl Unarmed (with Statue and Shatter) of Chei (15 runes!!!).
Demonspawn rocks. Unarmed also.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 30th April 2017, 22:02

Re: Nemelex in 19.5: Invocations or Evocations?

It's all invocations.

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 12th May 2017, 01:52

Does invo increase card power? I don't think it says it does anywhere in game (whereas ^^ specifically says that piety increases power), and nem has active abilities with fail rates which is sufficient reason to have invo as a trainable skill.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 12th May 2017, 12:11

Reading duvessa's answer, card power should be not only increased, but also entirely based on invocations and Nemelex piety.
This thing does not make sense, however, because card decks are evoked (that is equivalent to "used", in crawl world, like sack of spiders or amulet of rage), not invoked (that is something you "pray for" in crawl world).
Considering just lore and game design, Nemelex abilities should be based on piety, and card power on Evocations, increased by piety.
But maybe this breaks game balance in some way I don't fully understand...?
Won: SpHu Slinger of Okawaru (3 runes) - DsGl Unarmed of Makhleb (3 runes) - TrFi Unarmed of Nem (3 runes) - GnFE of Ash (3 runes) - DsGl Unarmed (with Statue and Shatter) of Chei (15 runes!!!).
Demonspawn rocks. Unarmed also.

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 12th May 2017, 14:29

I think nem was changed to use invo for lore/consistency reasons. But your confusion is understandable: decks are still evoked.

For this message the author amaril has received thanks:
MainiacJoe

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice