Str vs Dex revisited

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 29th April 2017, 22:31

Str vs Dex revisited

Is str still worthless? If I start an axe wielding DDFi or MiBe is Dex or Int the stat I should consider when leveling?
From what I heard, I need 18 str for plate and 24 str for crystal plate. Is that it?
So all the remainder should go to Dex or Int?

When is it no longer worth pumping dex?

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 29th April 2017, 23:30

Re: Str vs Dex revisited

Zhorgal wrote:When is it no longer worth pumping dex?
Past 20; then the diminishing returns kick in. Dex 25 is good but nothing to go out of your way for. Str, on the other hand, lacks diminishing returns and can be quite significant late game. (With a top-tier weapon and max skills, it increases your damage almost exactly as much as slaying; in more realistic cases, by about 2/3 to 3/4 as much.)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 29th April 2017, 23:41

Re: Str vs Dex revisited

It's no longer a hard breakpoint, Approximately (and in no way is this a hard break at all) You want to aim for around 1.1-1.3 * the ER rating of the armour, you still get benefit past that point, but it takes more and more strength to make a difference.

Strength is actually better than dex if you are using armour with ER, particularly with low strength, in some cases it will improve your EV and spellcasting success more than Dex or Int will (Given that you're wearing armour with some ER)

Also damage is no longer strength-weighted, strength is now the only stat that effects weapon damage (and dex the only stat that effects weapon accuracy)

In short Strength is a lot more worthwhile than it used to be, It's worth increasing as a spellcaster to let you have an easier time casting spells in heavier armour, and it's worth it as a melee user, to increase both your offense and defense.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
nago

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice