Octopodes of Ashenzari question

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 19th April 2017, 23:13

Octopodes of Ashenzari question

Do they get:
1. The usual bonus for being fully bound in jewelry when in a cursed amulet+two rings, no further bonus for having more cursed rings?
2. The usual bonus for being fully bound in jewelry when in a cursed amulet+eight rings, only partial bonus for less cursed rings?
3. The usual bonus when in a cursed amulet+two rings, some non-standart additional bonus for more cursed rings?

And is the way it is implemented (which i honestly don't know which one it is; none of my octopodes of Ash so far managed to live for long enough) the best way?

After all, unlike the species with non-avaiable body slot (who in the end sacrifice less swapping for less reward, since rhey have less slots potentially open for swapping anyway), an octopode has to sacrifice just as much as a formicid and more than a tengu; getting less in return would be not exactly fair. On the other hand, if it works like 1. and there's no reason to go above two cursed rings, that's kind of a heretical approach to Ashenzari. 3. is probably the sweetest way, but also one that requires a special case (and one least likely to be reality, i'm afraid).

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 20th April 2017, 04:18

Re: Octopodes of Ashenzari question

Ash uses "more than half of your available slots" as partially bound and "all your available slots" as fully bound for all races, including Op
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice