Naive Hepl Power Rankings

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 3rd April 2017, 17:05

Naive Hepl Power Rankings

This chart is based only on the observations that worshiping Hepl costs one level of frail, and that the ancestor's power level is linked to your XL. These suggest that high HP and XP aptitudes are better than low ones. There are some caveats in here, of course, for instance VS and Gr are less fragile than their HP aptitude suggests. And I have virtually no experience myself with Hepl, just a single HOMo that died in Orc, and a day's worth of HESk's that went nowhere. So I'm intersted to see where this ends up, given this table as a starting point.
  Code:
Sp   HP   Exp   SUM
Og   +3    0   +3
Tr   +3   -1   +2
Na   +2    0   +2
DD   +2   -1   +1
Gh   +1    0   +1
HO   +1    0   +1
Fo    0   +1   +1
Hu    0   +1   +1
Ce   +1   -1    0
Dr   +1   -1    0
Mi   +1   -1    0
Mf    0    0    0
Ha   -1   +1    0
Ds    0   -1   -1
Mu    0   -1   -1
Vp    0   -1   -1
Op   -1    0   -1
Ko   -2   +1   -1
HE   -1   -1   -2
Gr   -2    0   -2
Te   -2    0   -2
DE   -2   -1   -3
VS   -3    0   -3
Sp   -3   -1   -4
Fe   -4   -1   -5
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 3rd April 2017, 18:47

Re: Naive Hepl Power Rankings

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that frail takes away a proportional amount of HP, so no matter what the species modifier is, it is always a proportional 90% of the initial HP, so an Ogre will have 117% HP and a felid will have Felid will have 54% HP after Hepl, rather than 120% and 50% respectively. Unless you are making a point that losing a proportional amount of HP always matter more if you had less to begin with. In any case, as a basic power ranking, I have always viewed Exp modifiers as almost inconsequential modifier as it only ranges from -1 to +1. So as a basic ranking perhaps rank HP first and Exp second.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 4th April 2017, 06:30

MainiacJoe wrote:These suggest that high HP and XP aptitudes are better than low ones.

I think this is a truth independent of Hepliaklqana.

For this message the author amalloy has received thanks: 2
duvessa, nago

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 5th April 2017, 17:33

amalloy wrote:
MainiacJoe wrote:These suggest that high HP and XP aptitudes are better than low ones.

I think this is a truth independent of Hepliaklqana.

Even so, the OP's point that Hepl magnifies an existing effect would still stand.

Personally I regard it as "an interesting thing about the game" rather than a problem to be solved.
Won with: KeAE^Sif, NaWz^Sif, NaTm^Chei, SpEn^Nmlx, GrEE^Qaz, HOFE^Veh, MiBe^Trog, DrFE^Hep, FoFi^Zin, CeHu^Oka, DjFE^Ash, DrIE^Ru, FeSu^Jiy, GnCA^Usk.
In Progress:
Long-term goal: complete the pantheon.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 11th April 2017, 16:42

MainiacJoe wrote:worshiping Hepl costs one level of frail

I'm confused. Is the frail cost in a trunk update, or is the wiki out of date (no mention of frail)? Is this due to the XP loss of eventually abandoning Hep? I've only worshipped Hep a few times.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 11th April 2017, 17:56

Worshipping Hep takes 10% of your maxHP in stable (and afaik has always done so). Indeed, there does not seem to be any mention of that in the wiki.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 11th April 2017, 18:45

Sprucery wrote:Worshipping Hep takes 10% of your maxHP in stable (and afaik has always done so). Indeed, there does not seem to be any mention of that in the wiki.

That's odd, I see it as the first line under "given abillities".

I just added it <.<

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
Godmorgon

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice