Hydra Derived Undead Secret Tech?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 21st January 2017, 15:27

Hydra Derived Undead Secret Tech?

So I have a DDNe in Swamp with a vampiric lajatang. I had derived undead allies and Ozo's Armour, so I decided to attack a hydra with the lajatang to see whether I might be able to stay ahead of the new heads. I took little damage, and then when I animated the corpse, I had a 14-headed hydra zombie! Is this zombie really 14/5 = 2.4 times stronger than the zombie I'd have made from the original five-headed hydra? (Is zombie strength even based on the HD of the original monster?) If so, it just might be worth it to slice heads on a hydra you plan to animate, if you have adequate defenses!
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 21st January 2017, 17:26

Re: Hydra Derived Undead Secret Tech?

That is what I thought too whenever I had AS memorised and had a bladed weapon, but I could never be bothered. Besides, skeletons don't last long enough to be worth it; also, that hydra is most probably the most dangerous thing on the floor anyway.
Memento mori

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 21st January 2017, 17:38

Yes.

Cloud + animate is the most absurdly easy way to cheese out swamp 4's rune vault

tmt

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 21st January 2017, 21:56

This sounds like a great way to die. You're risking a bad roll on an intentionally created dangerous enemy in order to create a temporary ally that you clearly don't need.

For this message the author tmt has received thanks: 4
kuniqs, MainiacJoe, Sar, scorpionwarrior

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice