Standing on a disturbance?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 24th July 2011, 14:47

Standing on a disturbance?

Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (13.52 KiB) Viewed 843 times

Something strange just happened and I just thought I'd check that this was normal behaviour? I've played loads but have never come across this before (it happened on 0.8 webtiles).

I chased a fleeing alligator onto the highlighted tile in Swamp. I saw the tell-tale disturbance on the highlighted tile and I cast poison cloud prior to walking in for the kill... when I got there, there was no alligator to be found. My allies (undead & imps) were stood on the rest of the free tiles. When I tried to move off of the space, I got the message "Your imp resists", and I realised I was trapped there, the allied Imp was preventing me leaving the tile.

When I looked at the square I was standing on, it said there was a disturbance and poison gas. I'm guessing the Imp wasn't eager to stand on the disturbance like me! Once my summoned imp disappeared I was able to move off of the tile (the alligator then appeared). Is that normal?

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 24th July 2011, 15:03

Re: Standing on a disturbance?

I think it's normal. You can stand on a disturbance, but monsters can't because 2 monsters cannot occupy the same cell. Would have been more problematic if you had a permanent ally there instead of an imp. You would have had to use recall or tell it to stop following to make it start wandering.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks:
Regnix

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice