Jiyva Stash

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 6th January 2011, 01:32

Jiyva Stash

I started a new game, and trying the spriggan enchanter worshiping Jiyva. Well, slimes everywhere is nice, but I'd like to set up a stash. So, if you worship Jiyva, and slimes are everywhere consuming your stuff, where do you set up your stash? Is the Ecumenical Temple safe?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 6th January 2011, 03:09

Re: Jiyva Stash

No, not entirely safe. But not doomed, either.

The jellies won't actually eat anything while you're off-level, so if you set up a stash on the single entrance tile of the Temple or Hive or something, you'll block access to your stash the moment you enter and they won't move onto it while you're gone.

There's another effect that's meant to represent the jellies eating stuff while you're off-level, but it's simplified. It refers to the list of all existing items that have been generated, on all levels, and occasionally destroys one as if it had been eaten. This can apply to your stash, but it can also apply to the hundreds of other items generated in the game that haven't been eaten yet, like those darts and centaur arrows and crap you left behind in the upper dungeon before you found the altar to convert at. Unlike 'real' item eating, just because a jelly randomly eats one of your stashed wands it won't also eat the other ninety stashed wands in the same tile.

For this message the author KoboldLord has received thanks:
styrix

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 6th January 2011, 12:06

Re: Jiyva Stash

I hope when I find the hive, I'll be able to collect enough food before the slimes eat it all to set up a nice food stash. With my shrimpy spriggan body, that might be hard.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice