Let's plays for DSCC

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 29th September 2016, 01:02

Let's plays for DSCC

Hey all, I'm pretty new to DSCC however I've spent some time studying the game and decided to do a let's play on it! I want to share it with the community and see what other's think of it. Also any advice you guys are willing to give after watching will be appreciated!
Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfRKUTuXU0g
Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHXE0UM-qjM
Last edited by Oliverkatt on Sunday, 2nd October 2016, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author Oliverkatt has received thanks:
and into

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 29th September 2016, 01:51

Re: Let's plays for DSCC

dungeon scrawl cone coup

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
xbon

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 29th September 2016, 02:13

ROFL, oh no XD *dies laughing*

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 29th September 2016, 05:06

Music is bad, loud and intrusive.

I feel any crawl LP ought to be fairly chill. This means music(if you play any), commentary, etc. Aside from that the only thing I can offer is that crawl is not a very LP-friendly game by nature(perhaps a bit more friendly to screenshot LPs like the ones that have been done a couple times on Something Awful, but that's a rare model now compared to YT stuff), and I think the personality of the person playing really has to carry as a result. If I could somehow get someone like Northernlion to stop playing BoI and start playing DCSS, I would watch that, but aside from that the only crawl videos I think I am willing to watch are skilled people doing something special/difficult-long streaks, highscores, speedruns, etc. I don't think I'm alone in this, and it's not really a dig specifically at you. Sorry!

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 29th September 2016, 06:16

Shard1697 wrote:Music is bad, loud and intrusive.

I feel any crawl LP ought to be fairly chill. This means music(if you play any), commentary, etc. Aside from that the only thing I can offer is that crawl is not a very LP-friendly game by nature(perhaps a bit more friendly to screenshot LPs like the ones that have been done a couple times on Something Awful, but that's a rare model now compared to YT stuff), and I think the personality of the person playing really has to carry as a result. If I could somehow get someone like Northernlion to stop playing BoI and start playing DCSS, I would watch that, but aside from that the only crawl videos I think I am willing to watch are skilled people doing something special/difficult-long streaks, highscores, speedruns, etc. I don't think I'm alone in this, and it's not really a dig specifically at you. Sorry!

Let's be honest no on is going to watch someone else play crawl unless they are trying to learn from them or its live

For this message the author CypherZel has received thanks:
BabyRage

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 29th September 2016, 08:18

Online webtiles if full of letsplays!

For this message the author ololoev has received thanks:
Sar

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 29th September 2016, 09:37

I stream crawl everytime I play

For this message the author CypherZel has received thanks:
vergil

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 29th September 2016, 09:43

The RuneScape music in the background is too loud at times, and also, make sure you don't get copyrekt because of it.

Other than that, what Shard said.
If I play online, I do so under the screenname Marenglen.

For this message the author Malevolent has received thanks:
xbon

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 29th September 2016, 10:34

Crawl isn't the best game for casual letsplays, really. You should try Minecraft.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 29th September 2016, 22:54

That's unfortunate, however I will continue to produce DCSS videos, because I do genuinely like the game. I will just have to GIT GUD. till then the misfortunes I encounter while playing will be documented for all to see.

Also sorry bout the loud music i turned it down a bit in part two

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 1st October 2016, 04:24

i think that's unduly negative - there are quite a few people doing dcss LPs right now (gammafunk, amalloy, demise among off the top of my head), and presumably someone is watching them. "Go back to Minecraft" just seems a bit rude...

I found a few useful things from watching, but that's from a dev perspective, which is a little different.

For this message the author PleasingFungus has received thanks: 5
all before, nago, Sar, xbon, ydeve

Barkeep

Post Saturday, 1st October 2016, 21:37

Hey Oliverkatt — it is true that let's plays for DCSS have not caught on here the way that let's plays for other games have in their respective fan communities. That doesn't mean that there is no interest, however.

I haven't watched the whole video, but I agree that the music is a problem — at least for me. I didn't want to watch more than a few minutes just because of that.

I'd be happy to watch the video with different backing music and different audio mixing, though.

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 2nd October 2016, 06:04

Sure I'll tone it down more, thanks for the feedback! here is my second let's play could you tell me what you think about the audio here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHXE0UM-qjM

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice