Elemental evokers

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2016, 05:56

Elemental evokers

I've been trying to use elemental evokers in my current trunk game and would like to hear what others think of them in their current form.
- water: the elemental is usable but falling in water sucks a bit
- fire: fire clouds do good damage
- air: with 10 evoc it's not doing a good job of pushing back dangerous targets
- disc of storms: finally just found so havent played with it yet, dont know if/what is changed

At this point I'm thinking that i'd continue to use the fire one since it can do good damage and would likely use the water one until my inventory got too crowded but don't think i'll be carrying the air one anymore.

Thoughts?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2016, 06:26

Re: Elemental evokers

phial of floods: still really good, it's a summon and shallow water is extremely crippling to monsters
lamp of fire: worse than just casting conjure flame, since you can't reliably hit a square, but might as well carry it if you don't have conjure flame
fan of gales: this is basically useless now, unless you positioned yourself so horribly that all adjacent squares have monsters on them
disc of storms: the rElec nerf hurt disc of storms quite a bit (and did nothing else) but it's still decent

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
nago

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2016, 10:23

Fan is good on Orb Run or other stair dancing events. Helps leave those nasties on the floor below.

For this message the author le_nerd has received thanks:
VeryAngryFelid

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 21st September 2016, 15:13

Disc of storms is good for spamming in zigs with 27 evo when something casts silence.
Lamp of Fire can sometimes be nice even if you have conjure flame just for torching a whole pack of monsters in a corridor at once.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice