More Vampire Questions

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 17th August 2016, 01:29

More Vampire Questions

Here are a couple more questions with my VpEn.

Regeneration: A shop has a +0 robe with {Regen} on it for cheap. Is this worth giving up 2 AC it if I'm tending to stay Very Thirsty or Near Bloodless most of the time, or will the HP regain be too slow that way to be worth it?

Vampiric Brand: The shop also has a vampiric dagger. I am confused by the knowledge bots and the wiki saying what seems like different things. Does my satiation level affect it in any way? I think I recall from somewhere that because I'm Vp, I'll get the heal on every hit, is that right? Does the damage used to calculate the heal include stab bonus, or just base damage? This dagger might be ideal for a VpEn, or it might be a trap!

Vampiric Draining: I gain health from this regardless of satiation, right? If so, it seems that it combos well with Confuse: disable, then drain to heal. But if I'm at full health, Encorcelled Hibertaion and just stab it to death.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 17th August 2016, 01:37

Re: More Vampire Questions

no, it's better to just skin a troll if you want regen armour. just wear leather armour or a well enchanted ring mail for AC

the amount you get from healing from vampiric weapons is proportional to the damage you deal, and daggers are shit at damage unless you stab. vampires already get vamp healing from stabs when thirsty or lower so it's pretty bad for a weapon

yes vamp draining works regardless of your thirst level, but stabs also heal you when you're thirsty or lower like mentioned earlier

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice