How should I deal with Ereskhigal?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 18:08

How should I deal with Ereskhigal?

I've been trying to get a 15 rune win and I've been getting really close, but I've been having a ton of trouble figuring out Ereskhigal. Her silence, high speed, and self heal completely shuts down my characters. Any tips?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 18:32

Re: How should I deal with Ereskhigal?

Haste yourself and run past, then grab the rune and teleport. She doesn't actually deal all that much damage, and you don't get a prize for killing her.

If you must kill her for a tournament banner or something, bring a character that can spam summons of some sort so you can beat her down with six monsters at once.

For this message the author KoboldLord has received thanks:
ydeve

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 18:45

If you must kill her, use buffs and reset the fight with a wand of tele over and over until terrible caster AI lets you kill her.

But it depends on your character. Throwing up Haste and Orbs of Destruction with Brilliance and maybe a few evocation blasts/god abilities can finish her if she makes poor casting choices, and you can do it from far away. Eldritch Tentacles (courtesy of Malign Gateway) have acceptable chances of murdering her with some support. If you're a Kiku necromancer you can drown her in dragon zombies while shrugging off torments. Melee dudes can probably kill her with god abilities and Antimagic in a killhole to minimize her blinking shenanigans, or throw rocks, or whatever dull tactics melee dudes have. Really, whatever you did to kill Lom Lobon should probably work here too.
Spoiler: show
Psst, hey kid... you like roguelikes?

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 20:41

Her silence, high speed, and self heal completely shuts down my characters.

You need a better character. Otherwise, just run by with haste and swiftness on, or use blink scroll(s), and teleport away.
remove food

For this message the author tabstorm has received thanks: 3
Arrhythmia, nago, Sar

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 21:14

The anti-magic brand is pretty strong once you get a few hits in.

The general advice here holds though: If it's a dangerous enemy, don't fight it.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 24th June 2016, 05:57

reduce her hp to zero
take it easy

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 24th June 2016, 07:20

Try using summoning or necromancy to make allies. Last time I did extended, I used kiku zombies and simulacra with malign gateway. I wasn't even in line of sight for most of the fight. I believe the tentacle actually paralyzed her.
The Original Discourse Respecter

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 24th June 2016, 15:08

Really mind-boggling how I didn't think of just walking past her and grabbing the rune...

Even after getting good enough to pull out a 15 rune win and get a 4 win streak, the urge to kill everything is still strong
I still have a long way to go

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 27th June 2016, 19:32

It's very difficult to just walk by those big giant monsters and not kill them. I mean... I know we say we go to the dungeon to get some orb or whatever, but we all know it's to murder the biggest, baddest monsters around.

I usually deal with Eresk by chugging all beneficial pots that apply, then press tab a lot of times. Usually this works, but I almost always am a follower of TSO with a holy branded weapon or statue form UC, so characters with less outrageous damage output either need to reset the fight a lot, or just steal the rune, if you can live with yourself after such an act of cowardice :P

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice