Makh: Servants and Greater Destruction

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 22nd June 2016, 18:45

Makh: Servants and Greater Destruction

I've noticed that greater destruction has some AoE effects, so I've been careful to not use it in conjunction with Servants in case they might get angered. Is this a legit concern, or does Makh protect servants from damage from invocations?
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 22nd June 2016, 22:01

Re: Makh: Servants and Greater Destruction

I just tested it now to make sure it hadn't been changed, and it is still the case that Makhleb doesn't care who you anger with Major Destruction. It is not really prudent to use both invocations at once. Usually a Greater Servant will kill everything without needing your help, though. Major Destruction is more for when you're just wanting a generic ranged attack that uses a skill you've already invested in.

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 00:38

Re: Makh: Servants and Greater Destruction

Oh wow! I feel like Greater Destruction used to cost kind of a lot of piety; looks like it's way cheaper now.

But yeah: Makhleb just wants blood and souls, he's totally fine getting yours.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice