Extended strategies

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 13:57

Extended strategies

I have my first character in Pandemonium and it is going quite well thanks to Zin.

Thinking about my next char or the overall extended strategy it seems to me the most obvious one are .

1. Using a non-evil race : worship Zin/TSO who will give plenty of help against Demons. (you can even easily swap between the 2 rather easily if you want the one time gift of holy wrath or cure all mutation, no divine retribution, keep some piety)

2. Using a evil race (undead) or having access to lichform : you can't worship Zin/TSO but at least you have torment resistance (and possibly mut resistance).

(3. Play a gargoyle or use statue form to mitigate torment, but it seems kinda harder that the first two.)

Out of these first 2 obvious strategies, is there any other choice or middleground ?

It seems the two are the most obvious and "easy" solutions to deal with torment/mutation/hellfiredamnation/pain. (You can't mitigate all of them at once, but having not to deal with all at once is nice)
Last edited by seren on Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 14:10

Re: Extended strategies

I believe Necromutation + Makhleb is even easier.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 23rd June 2016, 14:16

If you have a strong ranged attack, you can kill tormenting or mutating or hellfiring guys before they can do much. This ranged attack can be a lot of things from longbows to Firestorm.

Or you can try a stealthy character and steal runes.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 24th June 2016, 06:42

Those are definitely the most obvious strategies, but managing line-of-sight/fire can get you a long way with basically any god in extended. Then when that doesn't work, use a scroll of teleport (and don't be a formic).
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice