Where to go after swamp?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 6th June 2016, 13:55

Where to go after swamp?

Where should I go after clearing swamp and spider as a SpEn? Here is my morgue file. http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/arandomperson12/arandomperson12.txt How should I proceed? Many later enemies have too high mr for my hexes to work, and I have only found 7 needles of sleep in a shop so far. Also, how does bribe branch work? Is the wiki article about it correct? Do the monsters take money out of the fund? About how many of the monsters turn friendly? Sorry for posting so many threads.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 6th June 2016, 15:22

Re: Where to go after swamp?

Vaults is the next choice or elf 1-3 without neither hall of blades nor e:3 endvault. You need a fuckton more dodging, you should have 20 or maxed at this point! Thats even more important than weapon training.

For both you should take of ring of ice - having one pip is important for Sp, esp for low defense Sp. See if a hat dropped.

Bribe branch was reworked a bit but yeah, basically its the same.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 6th June 2016, 15:28

Not one hat has dropped. I ctrl-fed "hat", and found nothing. Also, the ring of ice was just to fight some simulacra and ice dragons, I switch my jewelry around to match the attacks of enemies.
Edit: I went to elf, and cleared out part of the first level, then got chased out by an animated dire mace of protection. I tried to kite it to death with my +12 randart hand crossbow (low skill), but it heals faster than I can damage it. I tried to melee it to death, but it reduces my health faster than I reduce its health. It is currently on orc:2, while I am on orc:1. What should I do?

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 7th June 2016, 15:30

If you're having troubles with a dancing weapon, you should probably stay out of elf entirely. Dancing weapons will be easy once you find a source of invis.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice