On Evocations

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 6th June 2016, 21:17

On Evocations

There are many powerful evocable items. Barring god conduct (Ru only I guess) there seems no reason for any character to ignore evocations.

However, I frequently struggle to make an educated decision about how much to train at what point. Late in the game I often train defences and support magic when evocations may be providing more benefit.

So, how does one decide? How much evocations do you train, and when?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 6th June 2016, 21:34

Re: On Evocations

get ~5 somewhere in lair-orc, probably, since it almost doubles wand power and the hex wands are both extremely good and common enough that you'll actually have some

can get up to ~10 or so later, though possibly this is not worth it unless you have more than just hex wands?

with how xp per skill level scales, these investments are very low cost and make you significantly stronger

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 6th June 2016, 21:39

Re: On Evocations

4Hooves2Appendages wrote:There are many powerful evocable items. Barring god conduct (Ru only I guess) there seems no reason for any character to ignore evocations.

However, I frequently struggle to make an educated decision about how much to train at what point. Late in the game I often train defences and support magic when evocations may be providing more benefit.

So, how does one decide? How much evocations do you train, and when?

20-ish if I have a rod of clouds or I'm playing a wandstabber. Less if I don't.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice