SpEn vs Juggernaut?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 9th June 2016, 14:18

SpEn vs Juggernaut?

How can I kill a non sleeping juggernaut as an SpEn? I cannot win a direct fight, and its mr is too high to confuse.

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 9th June 2016, 14:20

Re: SpEn vs Juggernaut?

Poison.

Mephitic Cloud can confuse them, I think, if you're feeling bold.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 9th June 2016, 14:40

You can just walk away, they're not faster than you.

For this message the author crate has received thanks:
nago

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 9th June 2016, 14:55

Summons destroy juggernauts.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 9th June 2016, 15:04

I've cleared most of the level, and found several downstairs, but there is some loot behind the juggernaut.

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 9th June 2016, 15:07

You could always ninja the loot.

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 9th June 2016, 15:14

Yup. Walk away. Lose the monster (stairs, summons are easiest). Walk to loot. Take loot. Laugh at monster.

If you've ever wondered "what is Summon Butterflies for, really?" it is made for times like this.

Or if you have access to decent allies (maybe SpEn^Kiku?) spam allies and let them thrash it.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 9th June 2016, 15:19

njvack wrote:Yup. Walk away. Lose the monster (stairs, summons are easiest). Walk to loot. Take loot. Laugh at monster.

If you've ever wondered "what is Summon Butterflies for, really?" it is made for times like this.

Or if you have access to decent allies (maybe SpEn^Kiku?) spam allies and let them thrash it.

One time I was playing a formacid and I ran into a juggernaut and a rakshasa, and the rakshasa cloned the juggernaut and I retreated all the way across the map to the upstairs spamming summon butterflies.

Anyway, in my experience sack of spiders or rod of swarms kill juggernauts fine too.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 9th June 2016, 16:07

I have 2 sacks of spiders in stashes, but shouldn't I save those for zot? Probably, avoiding it is best.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 9th June 2016, 17:40

That's the worst tactics you can have for any kind of consumable: you should have always the useful ones in the inventory and use when necessary.
Being dead with a sack in the stash is significantly worse than being alive and having no sack (or other consumables, generally speaking) for zot.

That being said, it's highly unlikely that the loot guarded by the Juggernaut is better than a sack of spider, and as already explained you don't have to rely on sack or other consumables to get rid of him (where get rid of him doesn't necessarily mean kill him), so you can avoid to use that sack in this situation.
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

For this message the author nago has received thanks:
Sprucery

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 10th June 2016, 04:33

I would probably kill the juggernaut since it's awake. Not really for the loot but because I don't really like to leave things like that running around if I can easily avoid it. But then, I'd actually be carrying one of the sacks, and my evo would probably be around 10-15 by this point in the game so it would usually only take a couple of charges.

For this message the author Hands has received thanks:
Rast

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 10th June 2016, 12:30

Now I have to kill the juggernaut, because there is another one on the level below, and I might run into the first one while fleeing from the second. Will hasteing myself and then kiting/spamming confuse on the juggernaut work? I have a 8% chance to get through the juggernaut's mr.

Edir: It worked. But now a titan is wandering around the level. Well, now I killed the titan.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice