Can't find the Orcish Mines

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 19:53

Can't find the Orcish Mines

Hi. I started a Formicid Knight today using Staves, Shields, and Crossbows.(I really should get back to my Minotaur but I wanted to experiment with Two-handed weapons w/ a shield) I finished the entirety of the Lair and am currently deciding what to do, but I have a big issue, I cannot find the Orcish Mines. I have gone all the way down to Dungeon 15 and explored every single level, but it is nowhere to be found. Is it possible that there is a set of stairs that leads to some secret part of a floor with the Mines on it or something? I really want to do it for some extra gold and EXP before going to Spider's Nest.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 19:58

Re: Can't find the Orcish Mines

Rokirem wrote:Is it possible that there is a set of stairs that leads to some secret part of a floor with the Mines on it or something?

Yes. Look for stairs with an *

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 20:38

I can't find it at all...It is not a huge deal now I guess, I almost have the 2200 gold necessary to buy the Hellfire Arbalest and got past Swamps and Spider Nest. I would still like the ability to purchase new items though.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 20:43

Maybe there are plants in the way? If not, and if you are certain that there are no staircases leading to unexplored terrain, this is a bug.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 21:07

I am positive there are no bushes blocking the way, but not /completely/ certain that there are no more staircases. This is most likely me just being dumb and not able to find it even through it is probably right in front of me. I will check back again after beating Vault:6 (Place is living hell, this is my first time at V:6)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 21:17

Occasionally, part of the dungeon is cut off from the rest, even less frequently, it can only be accessed by way off an up staircase.

There are always 3 up and 3 down stairs (not including hatches or branch entrances) on each floor (except the first and last one)

If you want to find what you missed without actually going there you can view the maps of any level you have seen by hitting X then [ and ] to move up and down in the map screen, you should probably be able to spot the area you missed without have to actually explore every floor.

The * indicator in tiles indicates a staircase you haven't seen the other side of, (in console its a white staircase, rather than red or green)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 21:45

press ctrl+f then type orcish mines,
or try G then O
~online scoring~

Pig's in zen
Pig is nude
Unashamed

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 22:00

Eyesburn wrote:press ctrl+f then type orcish mines,
or try G then O

Already tried that, nothing came up.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 22:02

Press ctrl-O and go explore the places where it says the entrance can be.

For this message the author crate has received thanks:
Rokirem

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 26th May 2016, 00:30

Thank you so much Crate, that Cntrl+O menu helped me determine the floors the Orcish Mines could be on, and then I just used every set of stairs on those floors until I finally found it.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice