Bloodless vampires

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 14:33

Bloodless vampires

Hi

I'm thinking of going for the extended endgame with my VpAs, and I have a couple of questions regarding vampires:

1) Are bloodless vampires completely torment immune?
2) If I melee / stab a demonspawn, I'm thinking I will go to nearly bloodless, thereby losing my torment immunity - is this correct?
3) When the wiki says that bloodless vampires are not susceptible to non-physical mutation effects, what exactly does that mean?

Thanks
<Sequell> Zargon is a greatplayer!
<Sequell> Zargon is a greaterplayer!
Online scoring

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 16:49

Re: Bloodless vampires

Zargon wrote:Hi

I'm thinking of going for the extended endgame with my VpAs, and I have a couple of questions regarding vampires:

1) Are bloodless vampires completely torment immune?
2) If I melee / stab a demonspawn, I'm thinking I will go to nearly bloodless, thereby losing my torment immunity - is this correct?
3) When the wiki says that bloodless vampires are not susceptible to non-physical mutation effects, what exactly does that mean?

Thanks

1) Yes.
2) Probably, although each individual bite attack doesn't give a very large amount of nutrition - about 60 on average, and bloodless for Vampires is 650-900 nutrition.
3) That the wiki is 2 years out of date (vampires are fully affected by mutations at all blood levels, and the distinction between physical and non-physical mutations was removed).

For this message the author Kate has received thanks:
Zargon

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 28th April 2016, 00:56

You shouldn't worry about losing torment immunity unless you're fighting a demonspawn and a fiend at the same time. In which case you should, but it's not that common.

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 28th April 2016, 02:20

Wahaha wrote:You shouldn't worry about losing torment immunity unless you're fighting a demonspawn and a fiend at the same time. In which case you should, but it's not that common.

But I like pan scumming!
infinitevox on akrasiac & berotato
Busy dying horrible deaths from chugging too many pots of Mutation.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice