VmNe Looking to pack a punch.

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 27th June 2011, 08:45

VmNe Looking to pack a punch.

Basically im in lair and i dont feel like im packin much of a punch. aside from necromancy what school should i try to learn? Got lucky with a shop full of books so i can be flexible and a book of annihilations at D:<10. where can i go from here?

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 27th June 2011, 09:07

Re: VmNe Looking to pack a punch.

usually i play vampire necromancers as melee hybrids, if you plan to do that as well look for utility spells like reflect, swiftness etc, basically charms&air. mephitic is also awesome for quite some time, and helps a stabber a lot.
conjurations at -3 makes it difficult to become a heavy hitter with spells, airstrike would be golden (but hard to find).
Check out my characters at Spielersofa (in German)

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 27th June 2011, 10:52

Re: VmNe Looking to pack a punch.

^ THIS ^

A vampire should nearly always head up towards being a Warrior-Mage. Its even more so with Necromancers in my opinion, as they have various brands and Regen that encourages them to wade in with their minions, rather than taking on a battle commander stance like a Summoner does. Special fun times can be had if you manage to get something like rPois and Olgrebs Toxic Radiance. Or you can dabble in Transmutations if you feel thats easier.

Otherwise, picking up utilities is never bad, and Haste + Sure Blade with a Swiftblade packs a MASSIVE punch. You have the benefit of not worrying much about hunger too.

As a Vamp, you also have a massive proficiency with Hexes, so Sure Blade becomes even more powerful (but, sadly, most Hex spells are strictly meh besides this and enslavement).

Due to the -3 Conjurations, don't expect to use the Book of Annihilations anytime soon (if at all, unless you're a Vehumet supporter), as it'll just be to far above your level. Stick mostly to Charms, Hex, and Necromancy. Vampires are sneaky, not flashy.

Of course, you can just keep sailing as you go. Necromancy isn't immensely flashy, but later on it does pack a punch. I hope you're using and abusing Pain and Regeneration as a starting Necro. You can mostly ignore Raise Skeleton, its useless. Of course, if you fly this way, I hope you're with Kiku. If so, you should soon have the ability to play with abominations and stuff.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

My Games/Anime/Weirdness blog: http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice