TrBe attributes

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 27th June 2011, 01:49

TrBe attributes

For troll berserker, should I just upgrade Dexterity when I have the choice? Since I think I get given strength anyway, and I think the extra dex will help the evasion and unarmed combat?

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 27th June 2011, 04:31

Re: TrBe attributes

Just blast strength unless you're worried about stat drain and int. You're always gonna be rubbish at evasion because of your large size and dex does not help unarmed combat according to the knowledge bots.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 27th June 2011, 12:15

I do not agree. Evasion is useful, even if it won't be as high as a spriggan's. Shields are useful even if unarmed, and dex helps with them. Also, as far as I know, bonuses to combat are calculated with strength and dex as well, and for unarmed combat the weights are fairly balanced - but I'm not absolutely sure about this.

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 27th June 2011, 13:12

sanka wrote:I do not agree. Evasion is useful, even if it won't be as high as a spriggan's. Shields are useful even if unarmed, and dex helps with them. Also, as far as I know, bonuses to combat are calculated with strength and dex as well, and for unarmed combat the weights are fairly balanced - but I'm not absolutely sure about this.

UC is slightly weighted toward dex. I think it has a strength weighting of 60/40. But as for weapons, the effect of stats is minimal on UC damage (unless using forms), so it shouldn't be a deciding factor.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 27th June 2011, 15:33

One thing that's worth taking into account: for trolls and ogres every additional strenght point means being able to carry an extra large rock

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice