Missile brands + Ranged weapon brands: How do they stack?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 19th February 2016, 04:19

Missile brands + Ranged weapon brands: How do they stack?

I've shot plenty of poison arrows out of fire brand weapons, etc., but I've never been entirely clear:
Is a poison arrow shot out of a (let's say frost branded) weapon, does it apply the frost damage AND the poison?
If so, does it work in reverse (a poison branded weapon) shooting a flame branded missile?
Regardless, what I've always wondered most is what precedence missiles take- e.g. if I shoot a frost branded missile out of a flame branded weapon, what happens?
Ty in advance. :lol:

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th February 2016, 04:43

Re: Missile brands + Ranged weapon brands: How do they stack

If the launcher has speed brand or vorpal brand, then you get both brands. (I'm unsure how penetration works here.)

If your launcher has any other brand, then branded ammo overwrites the launcher brand, except that flame/frost in either combination cancel out entirely and give you unbranded shots.

For this message the author crate has received thanks:
killdudes

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 19th February 2016, 09:34

crate wrote:If the launcher has speed brand or vorpal brand, then you get both brands. (I'm unsure how penetration works here.)

If your launcher has any other brand, then branded ammo overwrites the launcher brand, except that flame/frost in either combination cancel out entirely and give you unbranded shots.

tyvm- that was one of those questions that I had always wondered about in the back of my mind while playing characters that use ranged weapons.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 19th February 2016, 10:21

There's one other exception: Nessos cheats and gets both flaming and poison.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 19th February 2016, 10:50

Ammo of penetration and launchers of penetration stack with all other brands. Even holy, have fun! 8-)
aka: Innameasone and electricaloddity

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 19th February 2016, 15:09

Lacuenta wrote:Ammo of penetration and launchers of penetration stack with all other brands. Even holy, have fun! 8-)

holy penetration batman

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice