MuWz : leaving Kiku

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 26th January 2016, 14:47

MuWz : leaving Kiku

Just got my Mummy Wizard to the Temple and found altars to both Kiku and Sif, I'm planning to stick with Sif, but worshipping Kiku to jump-start on Necromancy seems tempting, hence my questions :

How difficult is Kiku's wrath on a mummy?
  • the "throws corpses at you to reanimate" bit?
  • seeing how some things can bypass immunity it bears asking : does Kiku's wrath Torment bypass a mummy's Torment immunity?
  • Miasma might actually prove helpful since (according to wiki) Rot Immunity confers complete Miasma immunity, but some confirmation would help (never encountered Miasma before)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but searching for this specific topic (converting away from Kiku) has thus far prove unsuccessful, any information is welcome

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 26th January 2016, 14:53

Re: MuWz : leaving Kiku

This doesn't actually address any of your questions, but just pick one and don't dick around switching gods.

For this message the author ZipZipskins has received thanks:
Sar

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 26th January 2016, 15:00

You're immune to torment, but that means instead of torment you'll get 3 necromancy miscasts. Luckily you're also immune to basically all of those too, except for summons and stat loss. You're also immune to miasma, so assuming you have some way of getting away from reapers and zombies/skeletons (the wrath creates the same kinds of corpses you'd get from using the Receive Corpses ability normally but with power based on your XL, so what you get depends on your branch) you're probably fine. Probably you could just stick with Kiku and win the game with Haunt/Simulacrum though, yeah.

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 26th January 2016, 15:29

If you're of a moderate level, having reapers airdropped on you can be kind of bad, they hit pretty hard and have reaching. I'd stick with Kiku and kill things with derived undead and something pain branded. There's very very little in the game that can stand up to high-tier zombies and/or simulacra.

Haunt is good but I'd take the pain brand because you can't use any of the other necronomicon spells.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 26th January 2016, 15:43

Thanks for the quick answers! Some follow-up (and questions) :

I don't plan to stick around with Kiku for long, at most until piety ***, so I most likely won't be too high leveled, might be better to wait out Kiku's wrath in the earlier levels so I don't risk fighting a Hydra zombie/skeleton though
On the Pain Brand..., I've been thinking about that too, particularly since 2 out of 4 spells in the Necronomicon are plain useless (that is, can't be used) for mummies
And about derived undead, I haven't had good experience with them, all of my Necromancers tend to end up dead within the first three levels, can they really be reliable? (and they count as summoned beings yes? Meaning their kill gives you half XP?)

And crap, I just found out that Reapers can result from necromancy miscast (or rather, found out what reapers are thanks to njvack's answer prompting me to look up the wiki), so here's another, topic relevant question : Does Sif protect you from forced miscasts? (pretty sure I've read about Sif not protecting you from miscast effect not caused by you, e.g. Hell, would forced miscast count as my miscast or not?)

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 26th January 2016, 18:21

Good lord, yes! Receive Corpses + Animate Dead is one of the best panic buttons in the game (and the Ely & Zin ones are off limits to mummies). A Simulacrum army is slower to set up but super powerful. Animate Skeleton is good and easy to get online. (Death Channel is also great.)

Hail Kiku!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice