Armour Skill for the Armourless

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 14th January 2016, 23:43

Armour Skill for the Armourless

Curious question; if I'm wearing a helmet and boots (1 base AC each); at what armour skill do they give an extra AC for the skill training? 11 or so? Would it be worth training Armour for ~4 bonus AC from a Robe, Hats and boots? (ever)? I'm sure it's less efficient than training Ice for Ozocubu's Armour, but...
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 15th January 2016, 00:04

Re: Armour Skill for the Armourless

bcadren wrote:Curious question; if I'm wearing a helmet and boots (1 base AC each); at what armour skill do they give an extra AC for the skill training? 11 or so?

11, yes.
Would it be worth training Armour for ~4 bonus AC from a Robe, Hats and boots?

Hats don't give bonus AC (base AC=0). So let's make it a helmet. Assuming equal aptitudes, I would train the first 5.5 levels for 1 AC at about the same time I would have Dodging at about 13 or 14. Then I would train Armour to 11 for the next point of AC at about the time I have Dodging at 26 or so. Which won't typically happen in a 3-rune game. More than that I would train only if there was no other useful skills to train.
Last edited by Sprucery on Friday, 15th January 2016, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

For this message the author Sprucery has received thanks:
Tranquil Suit

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 15th January 2016, 00:04

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/AC_calculations

According to wiki, Armour skill is a mulitplier of your total (of all equipment) AC

NVM

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 15th January 2016, 03:00

If you have a helmet, gloves, boots, cloak, and a robe you get one AC every 3 2/3 armour skill. a Steam dragon armor instead of a robe gives one point every 2 4/9 points of armour. I'm too lazy to look at an experiance table. Too bad Dr can't train armour, they could get +1 AC at 7 1/3 armour skill.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 15th January 2016, 09:51

Dr gets armour skill for free
"Damned, damned be the legions of the damned..."

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice