using cause fear

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 19th December 2015, 21:49

using cause fear

Is there a way to check how resistant an enemy is to Cause Fear?

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 20th December 2015, 04:29

Re: using cause fear

It's probably got a similar success chance to one of the targeted Hexes - Hex spellpower (assuming it checks MR) is multiplied by some number before MR is rolled... So if, say, Corona has the same multiplier, that would be a way to check success for Cause Fear. Anyway, obviously it works best on things that your other hexes work well on - if Corona is at 20%, Cause Fear might not help much.

Also, Cause Fear is pretty great.
"This spell will have no effect right now because your brain is too dead to use."

For this message the author Tressol has received thanks:
Francis

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 20th December 2015, 05:00

Also worth noting Cause Fear only works on Natural (i.e. not Undead, Demonic, Holy, or a plant) enemies and doesnt effect anyone berserking.

For this message the author Viashino_wizard has received thanks:
stoneychips

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 20th December 2015, 13:21

Tressol wrote:It's probably got a similar success chance to one of the targeted Hexes - Hex spellpower (assuming it checks MR) is multiplied by some number before MR is rolled... So if, say, Corona has the same multiplier, that would be a way to check success for Cause Fear. Anyway, obviously it works best on things that your other hexes work well on - if Corona is at 20%, Cause Fear might not help much.

Of course, you have to actually know what spells have the same multiplier (and have the memorized). Corona, I think, has the highest bonus of the hexes and the lowest spellpower cap.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 24th December 2015, 03:46

At a guess, confuse would probably have the most similar chance of success to cause fear, although it is a level lower and (I think) has a lower spellpower cap. Also, neither here nor there, but I believe Tukima's has the highest bonus of all hexes.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice