Some quick questions

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 12th June 2011, 20:32

Some quick questions

I posted these in the sticky, didn't see it until it was too late

I just need some one to answer a few questions, they are simple but I couldn't find the information any where.

If a monster is unaware of you because you have a lot of Stealth and you attack it, will you always be revealed by attacking? Can you have a high enough Stealth skill to remain hidden even after attacking?

Is there a way to define a "quiver" order? Say I am using a Sling and in my inventory I have stones, +0 sling bullets and +1 sling bullets. I want to use all of my worse ammunition first: stones then +0 bullets and last +1 bullets. So far all I can seem to do is quiver 1 ammunition and that's it.

Lastly, Say have a +1,+2 sword. I believe those numbers apply to to-hit and damage, but which ones apply to what?

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 12th June 2011, 21:07

Re: Some quick questions

The numbers before your weapon list first the to-hit modifier and then the damage modifier.

I don't know the answer to your other two questions, but I'm sure someone does ;)

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 12th June 2011, 22:36

1. Yes, it'll always wake. Just have enough stabbing skill that it dies in one hit for optimum performance. (and use a short blade to stab!)

2. No, not as far as I'm aware. But Quivering with [Q] doesn't seem to take any game time; just watch your ammo and change over to right stack as you need it. Hunters and suchlike need more micromanagement in general.

3. Already answered. Hit/Dmg bonus.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

My Games/Anime/Weirdness blog: http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 12th June 2011, 23:09

Use your most enchanted ammo first. It has a lower mulch rate. This makes a difference because if you decide to use an enchant weapon scroll on ammo, it enchants the entire stack. So, you can save as much +0 ammo as possible and have it all brought to +1 at once. Also, I believe pluses on ammo only improve accuracy, which won't matter as much once you've got your skill up.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 13th June 2011, 01:53

If you use '(' and ')' you can cycle available ammo through your quiver until the one you want is on top (and it costs no time!). The game automatically decides what order the ammo is in though- you can't assign a firing order so far as I know. This can occasionally be frustrating when the assigned order forces you to go back and forth several ticks over and over.

If you inscribe ammo with {=f} it won't show up in the auto-quiver though. (Useful for something you don't want to throw, but still want to carry. Like if your main weapon is a dagger, but you sometimes toggle to a launcher. Or if you're carrying a distortion dagger for emergencies).

+m, +n: m is your bonus to hit, n is your bonus to damage. Usually n is more important.

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 13th June 2011, 07:40

Tiber wrote:Also, I believe pluses on ammo only improve accuracy.

No it affect both damage and accuracy. Which is why using EW I on ammo is great (+acc, +dam, -mulch).
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 13th June 2011, 12:59

I think ammo gets quivered in alphabetical order so you can use =i to set up your desired order in inventory. I tend to use W,X,Y,Z for ammo and put the one I don't want to fire in slot Z.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice